Recent content by jachady

1. J

2005 Passat Wagon GLS TDI - For Sale

Because most of the interest I am getting is from out of Wisconsin, I am trying to be as upfront as possible with this car. I only got one key with the car. I looked over the interior of the car really good and only one thing stuck out, the door seal has a small piece out of it from the driver...
  2. J

Not yet, we have an outside company do our internet listings and this is too fresh a trade. If you email me, I can send you out some pics I took.
  3. J

What exactly should I ask the previous owner to make sure I get the right information?
  4. J

Hey guys, I've got a 2005 Passat wagon TDI for sale. It has just over 64000 miles on it. It is silver with the black leather interior. Automatic trans. Heated seats and moonroof beside all the standard features. One fairly good door ding in the drivers door. One small scratch in the rear...
  5. J

Go karting, Brodhead WI, October 28th

Link to information
  6. J

Go karting at Sugar River Raceway -- October 28th

For anyone who might be interested, I have reserved the night of October 28th to race atSugar River Raceway You need to let me know that you will be coming by PMing me. This is real racing, not go karting like at the local mini-putt. These karts, if driven properly can exceed 55 mph. You...
  7. J

2005 Fest feedback

As a fest planner for this year, here's my take. I spent most of my time in the park organizing the Slow Speed autocross in the morning, and helping out a little bit of everywhere in the afternoon. It seemed to me that the bio-diesel and the garage time were the two biggest draws, both were...
  8. J

Dyno at the Fest

truman is correct, when I talked to Chris he said he ran the dyno at a 30% correction because we wanted the process to be as fast as possible. It would have taken too long to change the computer readings for the automatics/sticks and so on. Our biggest thing with having the dyno is so that...
  9. J

Slow speed driving skills competition

Yes, "newguy" won. He managed the tight course in his Jetta wagon running up a time of 1 minute 26 seconds without hitting a single cone. My brother "eschady" had a time of 1 minute 20 seconds, but he managed to clobber 10 cones. Ernie with the Silver NB with the huge wing ran the slowest...
  10. J

Sunday TSD Road Rally

I'll post the actual results later for those of you who participated, but here is a brief synopsis. 5 teams managed to make it to the finish without opening either safety map. Apparently four teams got to tour the Fort Hospital (not because they were hurt, they all just went the wrong way)...
  11. J

Volunteer Schedule

copilot, from the looks of it we could use you in the dyno area. This will be located at Topels garage. When you get there, look for Dan Topel, Ed or Chris (dyno owner).
  12. J

Ice Cream Social - Friday Night

The "Golf" freeze is a combination of Lemon lime and Blue raspberry. This creates a color akin to the nicest well kept golfing greens. This was created by the Frostie Freeze crew.
  13. J

Ice Cream Social - Friday Night

I just got back from Frostie Freeze, where the owner (Danny)drives a VW Passat (non-tdi). He handed me a bunch of certificates for free small ice cream cones labeled VW get together. They are good for Friday, Saturday or Sunday. These will be handed out at the hotel registration. Be sure to...
  14. J

Slow speed driving skills competition

Basically it's an autocross but with out the speed associated with that. In this event there will be tight turns, narrow parking and alot of driving in reverse. You will do your best to avoid cones and finish in the best time.
  15. J

Dyno at the Fest

Yes, and I forgot to mention Chris is from Fast Enough Performance out of Lexington, KY. They specialize in Audi and VW so they are the perfect people to have running the dyno.