Recent content by J2Jonner

1. J

Anyone purchase a "Tomtop" VAG Cable?

I am under the impression that with the cable driver I can use VCDS-lite. No?
  2. J

I have sent the request to him via ebay. But figured since there were 270 sold, there was a good chance that someone else here had the driver! :-) Thanks!
  3. J

Anyone out there purchase a knowoff VAG cable from TOMTOP? "VAG K + CAN 1.4 OBDII OBD2 Car USB Diagnostic Scanner" http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300511363631 Mine arrived with a snapped in 2 cd and I need the driver! Yes..I plan to someday buy the full VCDS kit, but my...
  4. J

Suzuki exits the USA

A few good looking cars..neat AWD and stuff... But the pricing was too steep for me to even think about buying into that brand.
  5. J

Power Inverter?

He may not be back if he hooked up a 5000 watt invertor to his Jetta.. :eek:
  6. J

Diminished Value - Does such a thing exist?

Let me clarify my experiences.. I was only dealing with the OTHER parties insurance as they were at fault. In this case, in most states, the insurance company is legally obligated to recognize DV. If you are working with your insurance co, I beleive the there are some outs depending on the...
  7. J

Diminished Value - Does such a thing exist?

Yes, its real. Yes you are entitled to it, no the insurance co will not "offer" it to you. You will have to ask. As soon as you do they will add it to the claim and schedule an appraiser to visit your vehicle post repair. There is "Inherint" DV which is the loss of value relative to an...
  8. J

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

If I were going to send off an UOA on my factory fill between 5-10k, how do I know what oil to spec on the sheet? Is there a standard factory fill?
  9. J

My new 2013 Jetta TDi.

No trunk lip spoiler on the 13's? Do wish I had the Premium package when I see those wheels and headunit.. :thumbsup
  10. J

Splash Guards. OEM or eBay?

I have an $18 pair on the way to try out.. I'll post the fit and finish when they arrive.
  11. J

Tinted windows

Northern drivers = crazy but with measurable skill Virginia Drivers = crazy but without any skill ...I know I worry more when I see someone near the white line down here!..
  12. J

What did someone else do to your car?

Yikes... Hope the b****** gets nailed..
  13. J

Container for lube

My wife works in Ashland.. But she doesn't drive the Jetta. The others are all places I know from my Short Pump living days, but to far from me now for a fillup. I'll be sure to post to that thread if I find anything out my way (Chesterfield Berry Farm). Thx
  14. J

Container for lube

And where?