Recent content by iwannajettatdi

1. iwannajettatdi

BHW TDI with 02m->02d syncro->0a5 4motion swap into Eurovan

We made it successfully on our first real adventure! Up and over the Santiam Pass at almost 5k feet from Salem to Bend, OR, kept up with traffic, no hiccups to speak of. We went about 300 miles by GPS, filled up with 9.65 or so gallons, netting just over 30mpg!!! WOO! It kept with traffic and...
  2. iwannajettatdi

Well, I figured the headlights out at least. I used some relay blocks and pins from an mk5/6 car since they have some nicely packaged options in the engine bay for three relays and 5 fuses. This gets me high and low beam relays, and a fused power to each light for both the main and dipped beam...
  3. iwannajettatdi

1st test drive was successful! I spent about an hour tooling around town at speeds of 30 to 70 miles an hour on some of the highways. Everything held together, no boost leaks, no coolant leaks, and nothing caught on fire. Here is a short video clip. Test drive I still need to calibrate the...
  4. iwannajettatdi

New South Performance EGT and Boost gauge wiring

Holy thank you. Absolute legend.
  5. iwannajettatdi

New South Performance EGT and Boost gauge wiring

Hi all, I've got a New South Performance EGT and boost gauge for my TDI swap. I can't find my wiring diagrams or paperwork that may have come with them, and I'm a little confused at the wiring. Black is ground, that's the easy part. On the boost gauge there is a red wire, I'm guessing that...
  6. iwannajettatdi

Jeep Wrangler JK BHW 2.0 TDI Swap

If you havent already figure out your setup, I used a Mini Cooper electric/hydraulic PS pump initially in my Eurovan swap because of how low the stock pump hung. Easy wiring, power, ground, and an 'on' signal I stole from the alternator light wire to excite the electronics. A Eurovan is way...
  7. iwannajettatdi

3.0 TDI swap to D2 S8 questions

Any idea how you're going to get the auto ecu converted to manual? There are some adaptations that can be done in VAG-COM, but it still needs manual maps. Is a euro ECU an option? Or have the legends st Malone figured out how to crack the EDC17 ECUs? I would LOVE a 2009-10ish allroad, manual...
  8. iwannajettatdi

Air leak around turbo

The BHW turbo definitely sticks out more than an ALH setup. The stock BHW is out at a 30-45* angle to fit the air conditioning compressor under it in the passat longitudinal setup. The ALH and BEW motors are straight down the block and tight to the block. I got a 1z(I think) exhaust manifold and...
  9. iwannajettatdi

Tdi high idle switch.

I've seen a high idle pin on my BHW wiring diagrams, but I'm not sure if that's just for high idle for warm up (around 1200rpm), or something faster. I've got an increased cold idle tune with my Malone tune, but once the coolant temp comes up, it's back down to 850-900. I'm also interested in...
  10. iwannajettatdi

BHW first startup - Cranking but wont start

I agree with Straypoet, that's a good process. I was able to cycle the key multiple times (10-15) on my initial startup, and it was fine. I think I'm going to need to bleed it this time.
  11. iwannajettatdi

Ok, time for some updates. This is going to be a long post since it's been awhile. I've been chasing a nasty little short issue for the past 6 weeks that has been driving me bananas. It was effectively putting me in limp mode, knocking out the MAF, N75 (no turbo :cry:), and the intake flap...
  12. iwannajettatdi

It's been around the neighborhood a few times now, but it's got ZERO power. And I the pendulum mount still needs some tweaking. I filled the voids with poly, but there is still a little too much movement and the transfer case output is rubbing on the steering rack. I've got a few codes related...
  13. iwannajettatdi

Yeah, he's a nice guy. When I was offloading some Eurovan parts, I think he bought a set of wheels from me. He picked them up in an early T4 Doka with his kids. Slick ride. I'm waiting to import a T5 Doka in another 8 years or so. Stupid laws. If you're ever down this way, let's talk vans! Or...
  14. iwannajettatdi

Short answer? The 0a5 gearbox is wider than the 02d, and I wanted to keep the stock axle lengths. So I widened the subframe, and moved the control arms forward, and down, so that the geometry was as close to stock as I could make it. Which meant the torsion bars didnt bolt up, and required...