Recent content by ives

1. ives

Rare Find! Pristine B5.5 Passat TDI Wagon

The car sold and I took down the sale website.
  2. ives

SOLD — B5.5 Passat TDI Wagon - 39k Original Miles - $14k obo

The car just sold to a nice guy in Washington State who is flying in and driving it back (after the TB job) to be used by his dad who commutes a lot. Sold for $14.5k It's a nice feeling when the real world affirms your knowledge and skill despite the haters hating on the internet. 👍
  3. ives

Reasonable asking price for 2012 Jetta 6-sp

how long did it take to sell?
  4. ives

Rare Find! Pristine B5.5 Passat TDI Wagon

Update: Current cash offer: $12,500 Current Cash offers in the works: $13,500 & $14,000 Current Cash + Trade offer equal to: $15,000 If nothing finalizes by Tuesday, I'll probably get the TB job done and then my minimum price will be $13,500.
  5. ives

Thanks for all these details. After reading all this I feel even less concerned about doing a BSM job on my car anytime soon. The car *barely* vibrates more at idle and once it's fully warmed up it doesn't at all. Shifting to neutral or park completely eliminates it. I think this thing is in...
  6. ives

Yeah I would just sell this almost immediately for bluebook. Figure it'd sell quick and now I've essentially made $15k for my passat with no TB or BSM job. A bit more hassle but 🤷‍♂️ If you delete the balance shaft wouldn't you just be replacing engine mounts and other clamps and things because...
  7. ives

jetta has a clean carfax. we'll serviced. figures it's be easier to sell at bluebook, as it's less 'special' than mine. I wrote to oilhammer but it's cost me a minimum of probably $3.5k to get a bsm and tb and trailer it to him and back... soooo.... still think that's a good idea?
  8. ives

Anyone have thoughts on this car that's being offered for trade + cash to me for my passat? Its a 2012 Jetta TDI 6spd that has had the emission mods done mid year 2019 (so almost out of extended warranty) A guy wants to trade me one with a 110k + $4k -- bluebook on a '12 jetta tdi with that...
  9. ives

That's a good offer. I have a line of people to call today who want to fly in / trailer it back and most are ok with the $14k so far.... i'll keep y'all updated.
  10. ives

It has not been sitting. Nothing is clogged. You and I have already DMed about this and I've posted it a bunch of times. This was kept in a climate controlled garage in a rich persons 2nd home and was driven on weekends and regularly monitored and used just not driven many miles. There are no...
  11. ives

GLS. This is listed in the original post and website listed... I knew the 1st owner, (story is also in the forum here), have some records and have recent service records and a detailed carfax. (honestly not gunna be very many records when the last owner only drove it 25k miles or so. haha)
  12. ives

Yep that all sounds reasonable. Such is the case for unique cars. I've had to deal with those issues myself often. It's also why I tend to only buy with cash. Good thoughts for a potential buyer... and they are actually starting to line up which I feel relieved about after the internet poo-pooed...
  13. ives

Im not sure what to tell you. I guess that's too bad you could not get your money back for the good work you did. Im not trying to get every dime out. I found a rare car. (mileage, condition, model setup) We can all agree it's rare. I paid a bit over book because of that rarity, and I spent...
  14. ives

A menu? Im confused. I've probably spent $200 on cleaning. not bad doesn't really need much since it's showroom. But I actually did consider that I've kept it well waxed and clean. I actually won't make any money on this sale. Im just trying to sell it for a fair price so I can pay for this...