Recent content by ivandrocco

1. I

P0684 code - glow plug control module 1 to PCM Communication Circuit Range/Performance

My 2003 ALH keeps throwing this code— I’ve checked/replaced the plug, harness, and glow plug control unit under the rain tray. Any ideas?
  2. I

How I fixed fault code 17911

Swapped the glowplug, which of course cleared that code. 17911 started being reported as "sporadic" and is now gone. Not sure whether repairing the wire or swapping the glowplug fixed it.
  3. I

How I fixed fault code 17911

I've been having issues with a dead battery I thought were caused by parasitic drain from a cheap bluetooth audio adapter that plugs into the cigarette lighter outlet. It's happened a few times, but this time it wouldn't take a charge so I bought a new battery. Battery came with the car, so it...
  4. I

WTB: Bosal/Oris/Westfalia MKIV hitch

Thanks Frans. Understood.
  5. I

Point well taken, I actually have my own thread it’s just more cozy here.
  6. I

Ok who’s gonna sell me one
  7. I

Thanks, probably worth it to get detachable. Are there any complications I'm not considering with ball hitch size etc?
  8. I

Any advantage to detachable... other than the obvious, it's detachable?
  9. I

$159 including shipping? How so cheap? Just got a quote from him, 130 euro for bolted, 210 euro detachable, 85 euro for shipping. That’s more like 250 usd total for the bolted hitch.
  10. I

WTB: bosal hitch for mk4

Seeking bosal hitch for mk4 wagon, ideally in New England.