Recent content by Isaac-1

1. I

02 Beetle TDI, shopping?

I am going to go look at a 02 Beetle TDI with 5 speed manual transmission with 190,000 miles that is for sale by a private seller in a nearby town tomorrow, price is attractive ($3,500 ish), looks good in photos, paint is either in great shape or it has been repainted (2 tone paint scheme...
  2. I

Lots of warning messages 2015 Sportwagen

New speed sensors seems to have fixed it, I just wish it did not take the US Mail over 2 weeks to deliver the part from the time it was shipped.
  3. I

Buttons seem to be working, no crunching sound
  4. I

VCDS is reporting errors from the left front speed sensor, I am going to try replacing it and see it that fixes things, I know it may just need cleaning.
  5. I

Upon restart the display starts reading through all the warning messages again, I have a standard OBD-II reader and it shows no codes, though the ABS, Air bag, Traction control, etc warning lights all light up, so I have now ordered a HEX-V2 which should get here early next week (I had been...
  6. I

No sunroof, I will check battery voltage in the morning, I can say though that the battery had enough voltage to start the car again after I parked it, then the warnings started again on the display.
  7. I

As I was turning the corner to get to the driveway of the house after a 120+ mile trip today all sorts of lights and warning lights starting going off on the dashboard. I think the first was Air bag system failure, quickly followed by ABS, Stability control, TPMS, and I think 2 or 3 more. I am...
  8. I

Unfixable 2010 TDI Touareg

Sounds about like our local VW dealership (Lake Charles, LA), where we bought my son's 2015 Sportwagen as a low mile CPO buyback car in 2019. Saw it on a Tuesday on their back lot prior to being prepped to be put up for sale on the lot, got a call from the salesman that it was available and on...
  9. I

CPO Warranty coveage?

Does the VW CPO warranty normally cover paint repair flaws in paint work done as part of the CPO prep process? We are having issues with the local VW dealership where we bought a CPO 2015 Sportwagen in June which has developed paint blistering, at what appears to be the site of a previous...
  10. I

Phase 2 visual confirmation on 2015 GSW?

Once again, the whole point of this thread is that the new EMISSIONS STICKER is NOT there.
  11. I

I spoke to the service manager at the local VW dealership today, and according to him only phase a has been done, and all the other people that told me phase b was complete (including the VW customer cares, dealership salesman, and service desk personnel) were wrong.
  12. I

Buyback car purchases

This is an interesting thread, I just bought a CPO 2015 GSW with 18,200 miles last weekend for my son, now I am disecting the Carfax history report, comparing it with the timeline of dieselgate, and there are some interesting coincidences with some of the event dates are clearly tied to the...
  13. I

I am just posting back with an update on this saga, VW Customer Care updated me by email this morning saying my ownership data had just flowed through to their system, and that according to it the rear spring recall as well as Gen 3 Phase 2 A&B had been completed, this of course leaves the fact...
  14. I

Hence my confusion and wanting to know if these is some easy to spot visual clue of what work has been done, other than the stickers which says partial.
  15. I

It is, but from what I have read online is that any CPO cars sold after March were supposed to get the fix, and everyone else should be receiving a letter by the end of this month for the part B fix.