Recent content by Internaut

1. I

Can I put a 6 speed manual in my 05 Passat TDI wagon?

Yeah I guess I should really only need the transaxle. I think while I’m in there I may do clutch and/or flywheel. I can’t really tell what’s wrong but when I let the clutch out starting in 1st gear it “lugs” a lot. I’m thinking maybe the clutch surfaces are contaminated or maybe the previous...
  2. I

Great thanks. From what I read there it seems like a 5 speed would be the most economical choice for me. So I take it this Frans guy can hook me up with a conversion kit?
  3. I

Actually yeah now that I think of it, I remember the previous owner saying something about 1.8t for the transmission. So that’s probably why my revs are so high. I wouldn’t mind spending a bit more cash on a 6 speed over a 5 speed if it means I get the tallest possible gears. I assume I’ll need...
  4. I

Does anyone here tow with air lift suspension?

Hi I’m thinking about installing an air lift suspension on my jetta and I plan to do some light towing. (Utility trailer with motorcycles/atv). I was wondering if anyone out there has experience towing with air ride and could give me some insight? I read that air suspension is better for towing...
  5. I

No power at all..

I used my fleabay OBD2 scanner and it only found 3 codes.. not sure if that's because that's really all there is or if it can't scan the other codes. Either way the codes were: P1403: (most likely due to the EGR delete) P1550: (I had a small boost leak in a charge pipe coupler which I...
  6. I

No power at all..

I have one of those crap fleabay cables sitting around.. think that would be good enough? If not I suppose I could rent the real deal for a couple days
  7. I

No power at all..

I think it's definitely running on 3 cylinders, because it just sounds like dog poo honestly.. The exhaust is straight pipe turbo back so I can hear it loud and clear
  8. I

No power at all..

Air filter is almost brand new. I deleted the swiss cheese and made my own cold air intake. The intake manifold is spotless inside, when I did the head gasket I degunked it. I would like to do a compression test but I don't have the tools to do so unfortunately
  9. I

No power at all..

I did as you said and loosened the line nut on each injector and everytime it started to sputter/chug and the engine shook violently.. I pulled the return line off that goes to the injection pump and it started spewing fluid out of the injection pump's return nipple.. is that normal? And what's...
  10. I

No power at all..

Ok hopefully this is the last thread I have to make for help, but I really need to get this beast in good shape for work.. it's making no power and it struggles to get to highway speeds. The only way I can get to 65 is if it's a downhill slope or completely flat and it's hard to maintain that...
  11. I

Grinding when clutch is completely depressed.

Oh that's where the auto adjusting clutch comes into play, I see. I didn't change either of those but come next clutch change which could be soon with these circumstances, I'll get 'em switched out hopefully. I just noticed another sound as well which makes me think it could be the TOB, it...
  12. I

There seems to be a minute amount of vibration felt through the pedal. I already disabled the starter safety switch so no worries there.. but with a spacer in between it would set the slave piston back further and then when you push the pedal down it would not go as further right? It would still...
  13. I

Probably about 5 miles now, I inspected the release lever when I replaced the clutch and it didn't seem damaged but I guess I didn't know what to look for.. Now that I think of it, it could be because I bought an ebay clutch haha.. So I think I'll just drive it like I have been until the clutch...
  14. I

It may have been immediately I'm not sure.. when I first test drove it I don't think I noticed anything but of course I wasn't listening for it then I was focused on the clutch working lol. New single mass flywheel. It didn't grind before I replaced everything.. clutch works amazingly and I can...
  15. I

Whenever I press the clutch pedal all the way down I get a very faint grinding sound. I'm thinking that the clutch is over extending for whatever reason. Although I just very recently replaced the clutch and TOB I guess it could be a dud? If I press the pedal about 3/4 of the way I can shift...