Recent content by Inline4

1. I

1.9 tdi slow acceleration

Try this link...http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=179589 Sounds like what I experienced in my 2001 TDI Beetle. Turned out it was just the vacuum tubing going from the N75 solenoid to the turbo actuator was split in half. With the tubing off, I pushed on the actuator rod to make...
  2. I

Turbo vacuum tubing

Thanks for the replies. Will probably have to order as the local auto stores just carry the rubber tubing. I tried pulling the stuff apart, it's tougher than I thought. Wonder if a squirrel was under my car, lot of them around. Carl
  3. I

Turbo vacuum tubing

Just recently replaced the vacuum tubing from the N75 solenoid to the turbo actuator thanks to the helpful (Diagnosing and Fixing Limp mode for A4 1.9TDI) thread. The tubing I used was purchased at a local auto parts store(Armor Mark/7/64 in. vacuum hose), a rubber hose. One week later I...
  4. I

Diagnosing and Fixing Limp mode for A4 1.9TDI [low power troubleshooting]

My car, 2001 VW Beetle TDI 5-Speed manual. Without warning felt like someone stole my turbo, not hearing that familiar "whine" when accelerating and lack of my normal power. Seemed like I was driving my 1982 Mercedes 240D. My hand held diagnostic tool did not identify the fault code (P1556)...
  5. I

Diagnosing and Fixing Limp mode for A4 1.9TDI [low power troubleshooting]

My car, 2001 VW Beetle TDI 5-Speed manual. Without warning felt like someone stole my turbo, not hearing that familiar "whine" when accelerating and lack of my normal power. Seemed like I was driving my 1982 Mercedes 240D. My hand held diagnostic tool did not identify the fault code (P1556)...
  6. I

Intake manifold cleaning

Owner of a 2001 VW TDI Beetle 5-speed manual. Purchased in March 2008 with 120K miles, now at 176K. Timing belt was replaced by previous owner at 102K. MAF sensor was replaced when I purchased and some "in place" cleaning was performed on the intake manifold. Car has run very well since I've...
  7. I

Looking for input on new TDI

I presently own a 2001 Beetle TDI 5-speed manual. Purchased with 120K in March 2008, now at 176K. Considering a new Jetta TDI 5-speed manual. Would like to know if anyone has some input regarding problems or success with the emissions equipment associated with these newer TDI's...DPF, and the...
  8. I

Slow turn on AC unit

Problems I've seen with my A/C Recently had a A/C compressor replaced. Worked fine this summer, but the last warm day we had the A/C clutch would not engage. Found problem to be the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor G62...apparently it was sending a signal that my engine was overheating which...
  9. I

Little rough and some smoke after cold start

Second owner of a 2001 VW Bug TDI. Purchased in March 2008 with 120,000 miles, presently at 175,000 miles. When I first purchased the engine was low on power, the previous owner had the timing belt replaced at 102,000 miles. The car was not used much for several months. At a reputable service...
  10. I

VAG-COM or VAG 1552

First time owner of a TDI (2001 NB, 5-speed manual). Very impressed with mileage (~47.5), and suprised by the power. Also own a Dodge Cummins 6.7 litre, 6-speed manual (~15.3 mpg). Guess what I'm driving to work. Today I received an "MIL", right after starting up. Stopped on the way home, did...
  11. I

New owner 2001 NB TDI 5-speed manual

I am a new owner of a TDI vehicle. Also have a 2007 Dodge Ram with a 6.7 litre Cummins. Purchased my Beetle for fuel mileage. This forum is much better than my Cummins forum, lots of information, and much more knowledge in my opinion. With the prices of service on these vehicles (I am fortunate...