IndigoBlueWagon's latest activity

• I
    IndigoBlueWagon replied to the thread Solar thread.
    I don't think an approx. 6x return in 10 years is a bad investment at all. And I read an article yesterday that my local utility expects...
  • I
    First, the roof that the solar is on is totally covered by the panels. So I expect it will last a lot longer than 25 years. It was only...
  • I
    I put solar on my garage 9 years ago. It cost about $16,000, less a $2,000 state rebate and an $8,500 federal tax credit, which I was...
  • I
    IndigoBlueWagon replied to the thread MKIII TDI Reliability.
    I was thinking this morning about how folks here don't think a 200K mile + A3 isn't necessarily a good daily driver, where we have two...
  • I
    If you get the right size tires speedo will be accurate. I have a co-worker with a Jetta with 19s on it and they ride remarkably well...
  • I
    This is what I've concluded about my own B4. If you don't consider it as a serious daily driver it's a fun car to own and drive. I just...
  • I
    The AHU engine in the MKIIIs and 1.9s in later cars don't share many parts. And quite a few parts have gone obsolete. Turbos are still...
  • I
    IndigoBlueWagon replied to the thread U.S. Comeback?.
    Actually he is, in a way. He's taken advantage of significant tax breaks and incentives over the years that have affected his production...
  • I
    IndigoBlueWagon replied to the thread Suspension upgrades.
    My favorite is Koni Special Actives. If you want to spend less, the OE Sachs dampers work well.
  • I
    That article is probably correct, and there are a lot of reasons why adoption has accelerated. The extent that we're connected as a...
  • I
    Yes, I am. All my TDIs and my BMW are tuned by him. He used to tune a lot at GTGs, and I've had most, if not all, of my tunes done in...
  • I
    Beru was original equipment on ALHs, FWIW. I'd go with those or Bosch. Not sure why, but glow plugs last a really long time in my TDIs.
  • I
    IndigoBlueWagon replied to the thread Suspension upgrades.
    What people mention here: Good dampers and tires will make a world of difference. Fresh control arm and rear axle bushings would help...
  • I
    I said it was irrelevant because I don't think you can compare the transition from land line to cell phone to transition from ICE to EV...
  • I
    ;) I think every MKIV TDI I've ever owned has this fix.