Recent content by Incus

1. I

Just finished calling local TV affiliates

Called WECT, channel 6, local NBC affiliate and WWAY, Channel 3, local ABC affiliate stations. They sounded very interested in covering some of the TDi Fest. Scott
  2. I

Beer Sign Up

Someone's bringing homebrew? I haven't made a batch in a while but my friend in Greensboro, NC has triple taps running into his house. I visit him a lot. He's just finishing a 3 tier keg system. Haven't seen it yet but his wife is worried the garage may go up in flames. Save some for me! Scott
  3. I

Awards Banquet R.S.V.P. by 8/29!!!

Count me in for 1. Wish the wife could join us but then the kids would come too. Guess she'll stay home Scott
  4. I

TDi Fest mentioned in Sunday dealer ad

I've checked every station that sells diesel and not one has a cetane rating on the pump. I've stopped in a couple to ask about the rating and they all looked at me like I was crazy. Too busy proofing for cigs and beer, I guess. I'll keep my radio on 104.5 to listen for the ad. What about...
  5. I

TDi Fest mentioned in Sunday dealer ad

Today, 8-27-00, the TDi Fest was included in the local VW advertisment. (The ad was for a Passat lease.) There was a gold/yellow star that says: "National VW TDi Car Show! Sept 2, 1-3pm." This is Bob King VW, here in Wilmington. Scott
  6. I

Bug or Jetta??

Sometimes the decisions can be made for you! I went to te VW dealers lot last night to find the 2001 silver NB TDi gone. I'm hoping that one of the salesmen decided to take it home for the night. One other TDi beetle on the lot with leatherette. Won't work here in the south. Walked over to...
  7. I

Bug or Jetta??

No, not a pumpkin. But how many TDi'ers are having the TDi Fest 2000 in their home town? With some people traveling across the country I don't want to miss it because I don't have a TDi. Funny you mentioned the leatherette. I just got back from the dealer and my choices are down to 3...
  8. I

2000 Golf TDI's with $750 Rebate

Re: 2000 Golf TDI\'s with $750 Rebate Edmunds has a $750 dealer incentive posted on their site.(see below) Maybe this is what your dealer was reffering too. I don't see any reason as to it not applying towards a TDi. Good financing oppurtunities too. Scott CUSTOMER REBATES: Volkswagen...
  9. I

Bug or Jetta??

I've been on the fence myself. Every time I see a New Beetle I just smile. But having 3 kids, the Jetta seems more practical. But if I wanted "practical" I'd get a ford or chevy. Of course it doesn't end there. VW has finance incentives for Jetta's not New Beetle's. They also are offering...
  10. I

I Just Bought One

I missed out on an opportunity a month or two ago to get a green Jetta gls 5spd, no options for a great price. Some one else jumped on it while I traveled out of state. Lucky them! Left still is a lonely Green GL 5spd. It's been sitting there a while and the dealership is motivated to move...
  11. I

'00 Jetta TDi -Good Deal?

Re: \'00 Jetta TDi -Good Deal? ...also, I have some nice 15" 5 spoke rims from my Nissan Sentra. It is a 4 bolt pattern. And I have had 195/50's on them. There sitting in the garage now. Any chance of theses fitting the Jetta? It sure would look better than the Stock wheel covers. Thanks...
  12. I

'00 Jetta TDi -Good Deal?

\'00 Jetta TDi -Good Deal? Spent 2 hours at the Bob King VW dealership here in Wilmington, NC (Home of the TDI Bash). This had to be my 5th or 6th trip there but today I brought the wife and kids to share the experience. WAF factor was a thumbs up. The 3 car seats even fit in the back too..2...
  13. I

Planning on attending?

I will be attending and enjoying all 3 days of fun/education. My wife and 3 children, 4.5, 3, .8 yo, will come and go(depending mostly on the .8) Scott (eyeing a green TDI Jetta GL 5spd)
  14. I

Hey, I live in Wilmington, Need a TDI now

"...premium diesel..." TDI 101. As I drive around noting which stations sell diesel, How do I know if it is "premium". I didn't even know there was a difference. I know Exxon @ Monkey Junction has diesel. I'll get in touch with Matt Dillion at Bob King. They have a silver 5-speed TDi on the...
  15. I

Hey, I live in Wilmington, Need a TDI now

I'm totally excited. I've been looking at getting at new TDI NB. Been surfing the web for info and found Fred's page. I was psyched and the icing came when I found out about the East Coast USA TDI Bash. I'm there for that, or better yet, I'm here for it. Now all I need is a car. Don't...