Recent content by igiveup

1. I

Exhaust fix

Sounds like this is something that should be covered under the extended emissions warranty. I would at the very least ask your local dealer the question.
  2. I

F/S full exhaust from 11 jsw tdi $1200 obo

Sorry, taken this poor guys thread off topic. Link below https://www.techemet.com/sites/contact.cfm
  3. I

Same guy that bought the Cat. The dfp was worth about $200usd. CAT was like $990
  4. I

Just an FYI for you, I scrapped my cat and DPF from my '09 Jetta and got $1200
  5. I

5HP19FL GMR

There was a really good instructional video on one of the BMW websites, I think E46 Fanatics. this Australian guy did a full tear down of a 5hp19 transmission. Essentially the same unit as in our Passats just with a rear wheel drive output instead of the differential build right into it. I...
  6. I

'09 Jetta Wagon TPMS location?

Wondering if someone knows that location of the TPMS control box on a '09 Jetta Wagon? I've ticked every box to turn it off with the VCDS but it does not give up. I was just going to unplug it.
  7. I

WTB: DPF filter for 12-14 Passat

I have one from a '09 Jetta, not sure if it is the same. Ontario Canada
  8. I

New TC and just got P0741

Maybe you can get away with just a valve body rebuild? rollin' the dice My new TC blew a seal in the valve body after about 2000kms. It's a little strange the you are getting the 0741 code though.
  9. I

Official Ontario stuff for sale thread

FS - CBEA ECU ECU from a 2009 Jetta, did not have the emissions fix done on it. Not exactly sure what that changes in the coding. Can include complete wiring harness. $100obo
  10. I

Replacing the camshaft

I'm also heading down this road. Any opinions on the Aimco camshaft kits on Ebay? Not too crazy about the idea of dropping another $800 on this car.
  11. I

BS failing, maybe?

I've developed a pretty bad oil leak since doing the BSM delete. After lots of searching I think the source of it is from between the camshaft and the tandem pump. Was a slow leak before but now with the increased oil pressure it is really flown'. I was reading something about a metal crush...
  12. I

Looking for a turbo

I can get my hands on one off a bhw. Relatively recent rebuild on the engine. I believe it's interchangeable with the bew. Where abouts are you?
  13. I

'09 Jetta TDI to B6 Passat

I know people have done this. Seems to me like it should be a plug and play kind of swap. With a full donor car this is dead easy, right? Jetta getting a bit too rusty. :(
  14. I

Windshield cowl part 3B1819415EB41 discontinued?

Shouldn't be too hard to find at your local scrapyard.