Recent content by iceman321

1. I

coolant temperature sensor location

i dont know what i did wrong when i did it -- it flowed like a frickin water dam -- it was pouring out the first time -- and even after i released the pressure on the expansion tank - anywho i still wanna know what i did wrong -- granted i got it changed but -- i lost a hell of a lot of fluid!
  2. I

well 250 later the coolant temp sensor is ready and well -- im not running hot -- BUT -- now im almost at the 120k mark -- timing belt and apparently *which comes for a 95 dollar fee* 1 of my glow plugs are bad -- yeahhh -- geez anyone wanna buy a tdi ???? ;-)
  3. I

well i got it off of the original sensor -- boy was that a pain in the arse anywho -- still getting cel and i lost more coolant -- so im takin it to the dealerrip-off-ship peace
  4. I

ok really i cant get the plastic off the sensor -- or whatever you call it -- so basically - i have a sensor in and a sensor out -- BUT - no plastic piece to put on the sensor to get the reading!!!!!!! yeah i know im f-ed
  5. I

thanks a lot -- i actually talked to a VW mechanic he basically said the same thing -- but he said they dont wait for it to cool down -- I was like ***??????? but anyway -- yeah the first thing he said was to relieve the pressure !!!! DAMN -- he said you may lose about a teaspoon/tablespoon...
  6. I

i guess after reading the forums here and vwvortex - maybe i shoulda asked for a DIY anyway to no avail -- i did everything *well what i thought was correctly* found the temp coolant sensor - moved the hose to the MAF pulled the pin out *which was a pain in the arse* then I was like yeah...
  7. I

MAF Question

sorry i am from MD -- and yes i know there has to be someone -- but the problem is that I tried to email some people on the list and NO reply so -- anyone know how to replace the temp coolant sensor? thanks
  8. I

MAF Question

no -- but i recently moved to the randallstown/ owings mills area so i think i could try the other ones -- thanks for your help - ill keep that in mind -- btw -i went to the dealership - coolant temperature sensor - was the problem -- im gonna be doin a search -- ill edit if i find anything--...
  9. I

MAF Question

sorry im late but yes and no one responded to my emalis
  10. I

MAF Question

well -- i know its been a while - BUT --- so i replaced the MAF and fuel filter -- drove it around- and then turned off car--- CEL gone -- it was gone for 3/4 days -- and now it comes back intermittenly so- is this selenoid -- or is this something else - anyone help me ?? please -- oh btw i...
  11. I

MAF Question

thanks for your help -- i have noticed that the CEL has been on more now since i replaced the MAF yesterday -- sooooo -- i was looking around and checking -- saw some stuff on the N75 errors (selinoid *spel*) and other things -- i have 113k on my car so i guess anything is possible -- plus it is...
  12. I

MAF Question

is this something normal that happens? the light staying on? or no?
  13. I

MAF Question

ive been looking around *probably not enough* - but i was getting the check engine light before i replaced my MAF - changed the MAF - I am wondering if I have to get something reset to get the check engine light to go away or is this maybe related to a different problem???? Any help - im still...
  14. I

alarm doesnt work - or goes off intermittently

DUDE you were correct - thanks for your help!
  15. I

alarm doesnt work - or goes off intermittently

OK so heres the deal i went to the dealer because my window broke (as in the automatic window wouldnt work) and i had to have them fix it. Before i took the car in i had to take the plastic door off - and get the glass back up (it was raining). Now (randomly) whenever i hit the alarm on the...