Recent content by Hurst89

1. H

MKV Door Microswitch

That's interesting you mention the window switch. I get an intermittent issue with the driver window rolling all the way down then not responding until I pull the door skin and pull it up a bit. Then it works like normal. Is that similar to what you had going on? It has been a while since I...
  2. H

MKV Door Microswitch

My 05.5 Jetta doesn't recognize the driver's door open anymore and the rear driver's door is intermittent locking. I replaced the door harness a few years back in the driver's door, but will recheck behind the boot again to make sure it's not my problem. Either way the locks are getting a...
  3. H

01221 Code: Airbag harness recall?

Can anyone give me the part number for this sensor? I tried the one VAGCOM gave me but it doesn't come up in any of the online parts vendor's listings. If someone who works at a dealer could sell me one for a reasonable price, please PM me, (I am also looking for G070 fluid as well). Hurst
  4. H

Must be the sensor, the harness is 7 months old and has less than 5000 miles on it... Hurst
  5. H

I have the following from VAGCOM: Address 15: Airbags Labels: 1K0-909-605.lbl Part No SW: 1K0 909 605 E HW: 1K0 909 605 E Component: 1S AIRBAG VW8R 024 6300 Revision: 03024000 Serial number: 0037KD01K3R8 Coding: 0012627 Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000 VCID...
  6. H

Radiator Fans

I would, but the price gap is pretty significant from OEM to aftermarket. I rarely use the A/C in my car (I like windows down), and this set of fans suffered from a broken motor mount bolt a few years ago and were just noisy, but now the little one is really starting to vibrate and like it's...
  7. H

Radiator Fans

I'll give that a try tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll be replacing both fans. If that's the case, I may consider this: Amazon Fan Link It looks to cost about the same as just buying the two fans separately aftermarket, so might as well save myself some trouble and buy the whole...
  8. H

Radiator Fans

My BRM 05.5 has a little problem... I noticed the small radiator fan vibrating the car very badly the other day with the A/C on. I am guessing a piece broke off or something, as the shaft feels tight and it works fine other than shaking, so I am guessing that will need to be replaced. However...
  9. H

WTB: MK5 Small (Passenger Side) radiator fan

My small radiator fan, the one that comes on with the A/C has started vibrating very badly. I looked at it tonight and it is wobbling pretty good, but the shaft doesn't feel like the bearing is out, so I am guessing a piece has broken off and thrown it out of balance. Does anyone have a good...
  10. H

BRM w/PD 140 Turbo and 150 Injectors

The turbo I linked in my earlier post is believed to use the PD170 actuator (that's the 16v engine with the 1749vc) according to this post: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=344379 Says it is plug and play with the BRM's computer, but is located slightly differently than the...
  11. H

Just curious because I have been giving a similar upgrade some thought, where am I going wrong in my cost estimations? GT1749vc PD140 upgraded turbo: $1400...
  12. H

Did you use the standard gt1646 or the upgraded gt1749vc from Scroll products for the PD140? Looks like really good performance for something that could cost less than 3,000 in parts/tune when all said and done. Hurst
  13. H

Sources of Coolant Loss

Quick question, is there any danger of this thing completely giving out and dumping my coolant into the exhaust or is it simply just pinhole leaks in the heat exchanger that are not really going to get excessive, but might get a little worse over time? Hurst
  14. H

Sources of Coolant Loss

I check the reservoir/overflow tank. I topped it off to the max line with the car cold and it was about half an inch below the min line yesterday when I checked it just after starting and the warning light came on. Would an EGR cooler leave a coolant residue in the tail pipe? Hurst
  15. H

Sources of Coolant Loss

My 05.5 has been steadily losing coolant about a quart every other month. I don't put a lot of miles on the car, but it still seems to lose coolant about the same rate. I checked the hoses by the turbo on the back of the engine and that showed no signs of leakage and the hoses were dry (no oil...