Recent content by Humanaquarian

1. Humanaquarian

2014 TDI Beetle wobble felt and got me stumped!

I’m at 65k mi and started getting an increase in wobble upon acceleration. I was due for tires and figured it was an unbalanced issue. I was feeling it in the steering wheel and the acceleration pedal. Pretty good shimmy/ wobbly feel when accelerating. After the tire install 75% of the wobble...
  2. Humanaquarian

Stumped! Wobble in the front end… 2014 TDI Beetle…

I’m at 65k mi and started getting an increase in wobble upon acceleration. I was due for tires and figured it was an unbalanced issue. I was feeling it in the steering wheel and the acceleration pedal. Pretty good shimmy/ wobbly feel when accelerating. After the tire install 75% of the wobble...
  3. Humanaquarian

DieselGate Void Warranty

I know VW seems to play by their own rules, but proving an oil change and maintenance would have to be spelled out in their extended warranty. To my knowledge, no such verbiage exists. For instance, I just bought a used TDI, I dont know what type of maintenance the previous owners did. The only...
  4. Humanaquarian

BMW recalls diesels for HPFP issues

Maybe VW will follow suit!
  5. Humanaquarian

Strange noticing with the panoramic sunroof on the 12+ models....

I believe the design on this is much better, haven't found any info whatsoever... its all geared towards Jettas or Passats or Golfs or pre 12+ year Beetles. Its not leaking, just curious on confirming the design.
  6. Humanaquarian

Strange noticing with the panoramic sunroof on the 12+ models....

So I read about the rubber tubes that fail and caused a lawsuit on older models. Im assuming they fixed it on the12+ models. The Beetle seems to be unique in that, the 2 front drain holes in the sunroof water channel go directly to the rain channel at the top of the windshield. At least this is...
  7. Humanaquarian

Headlight Question

You’re on fire with this tirade! Hilarious!
  8. Humanaquarian

Rain sensor

Yeah I saw that and deleted my statement.
  9. Humanaquarian

Rain sensor

There was a guy who showed how to enable it on here with a VCDS. My 2014 Beetle comes with it but doesn't work right-even after fully enabling it. VW disabled it in N America because it was buggy. Imagine that. \
  10. Humanaquarian

Skid plate. Best and most reasonable options?

These guys have some... Engine Guard although not a true skid plate, as long as you're not off-roading...
  11. Humanaquarian

TDI no oil pressure

Yeah, I had an MK6 Golf TDI for 3 years and loved it! I thought the Beetle is on the same chassis? I could be wrong. Definitely a few differences between the 2. I live in St Louis. Took my car to oilhammer last night for a going over.
  12. Humanaquarian

TDI no oil pressure

Yeah man , the beetle forum is deadsville! That’s why o bounce around looking.
  13. Humanaquarian

Picking up a 2014 Beetle TDI that sat for 2 years in diesel jail. A few questions.

So I bought the car through Carvanna and I decided to use the 7 day guarantee and trade it back in. It was a base model and when I ran a VCDS on it, it had 15 error codes with electric components. Several Engine codes... so I reset and they all came back. Also, I was getting 20-30 mpg city/...
  14. Humanaquarian

TDI no oil pressure

OK, thanks man. I have a 2014 Beetle Premium, it shares a lot of the features of the Passat, butI think perhaps the Beetle doesn't have the balance shaft?
  15. Humanaquarian

TDI no oil pressure

Man I looked all over, what is balance shaft? Why does to need deleting and does it void the emissions warranty?