Recent content by howrad

1. howrad

what is grommet next to pollen filter for? (another wagon leak saga)

11-years-later followup: sealed this grommet with silicone, but the real fix was replacing the seal where the filter housing meets the firewall. That really stopped the major leaks, and I've been enjoying having carpet again.
  2. howrad

B at PILOT Truckstop in TX

Love's in Denton on I35E says they don't carry BD, FWIW.
  3. howrad

Airlift bags + 02 wagon, resulting thoughts

Both. The rear raises and is stiffer, depending on how much air you put in.
  4. howrad

Both. The rear raises and is stiffer, both depending on how much air you put in.
  5. howrad

I ordered the kit from Summit Racing. You can find either kit by searching the Summit website with the 807XXX part numbers. At 40psi and 600-800 pound load, it feels pretty much like stock and sits level. Steering seems less floaty than without the airbags, for sure. I recently took a 3K...
  6. howrad

Any BD available in North Texas?

I used the Valero during DFW Bio's hiatus; I always prefer the DFW's B99/100 over a chain suppliers B20. So DFW Bio supplies the Valero for sure? Interesting, I mentioned DFW Bio to the Valero store operators a couple months ago and they acted like they'd never heard of them. And on the...
  7. howrad

Any BD available in North Texas?

There's a Valero with B20 on I35W just a few exits down from DFW Bio in Ft. Worth. Fast truck pump, nice station operators/owners. Here in Denton, at 6421 I35E north, there's a truck stop on the west side with B20. Used to be called Sun Power, but I think the sign changed. Denton had been...
  8. howrad

Rubber cement on my boost piping?

Why not just clean the oily joints, apply hairspray, and use T-bolt clamps?
  9. howrad

New custom boost gauge

Is the list full yet? Also, are these anywhere near the dimensions of the blank buttons on the center console? This is the coolest boost gauge I've ever seen (for the 15yrs I've looked). It's exactly what I wanted for the 13yrs I had my Galant VR4, but nobody ever made one.
  10. howrad

Most helpful things. Mityvac, soapy water, bags under vacuum. bag just beginning to go in spring bag halfway in almost done installed, small spacer at top, none at bottom feed installed, one useless hole remains
  11. howrad

Over the weekend I installed the Airlift 1000 kit on my 02 wagon. I read all the previous airlift posts many times over, then I started trying what I'd read. I had a really really REALLY hard time getting the bags into the coil springs (on the car). I tried soaking the bags in hot water...
  12. howrad

Every time it rains, my floor gets soaked, HELP!!

If you pull the plastic door panel off, look for evidence of water leaking out of that metal plate on the door on that side. After working on my sunroof drains, HVAC filter, cruise cable grommet, and front doors, I found a leak at this metal plate in one of the back doors on my wagon.
  13. howrad

what is grommet next to cabin filter for?

I sealed the passenger side grommet (next to pollen filter), and that fixed the passenger side leak. However, it rained moderately last night, and I came out to find a 12" long puddle on the in front of the driver's seat, and a smaller (but 1/2" deep) puddle in the back behind the driver. I...
  14. howrad

what is grommet next to cabin filter for?

The little rubber grommet next to my pollen filter is beat-up and open... is it supposed to be open to air/water? It sorta looks like maybe it was a capped grommet whose top I knocked off during leak/gunk removal. I notice the corresponding grommet on the driver's side has the hood release cable...
  15. howrad

water leaking into the cabin

I just posted some other leak-causing problems I just found in my 2002 Jetta wagon. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=184858 I also posed an unanswered question, asking what the grommet next to the pollen filter is, in case anyone knows. I have water coming through it, so I'm...