Houpty GT's latest activity

• Houpty GT
    Houpty GT replied to the thread MKIII TDI Reliability.
    That's awesome! It was hard to find an MK3 that looked that nice 10 years ago. For respect, a creampuff MK3 wins out over the MK4...
  • Houpty GT
    Just use a rubber Fernco fitting from the hardware store. I believe it is 2" x 1-1/2". Trim the end of the tube and slide it on. The...
  • Houpty GT
    Houpty GT replied to the thread WTB MK4 TDI manual.
    PM sent. I am not trying to steal his WTB thread. Free bump, right? I feel like it's taking me forever. I just have not been getting...
  • Houpty GT
    Engine Coolant Hose Set, 1Z AHU Silicone (Black) – Cascade German Parts
  • Houpty GT
    Houpty GT replied to the thread Timming belt wander 1.9AHU/1Z.
    Could be a defect in the belt. Put a mark on the timing belt at the low or high spot and see if the mark stays in the pattern of being...
  • Houpty GT
    I have been having injection pump headaches for a while. The replacement fuel pump with the 114k miles on it was a VW remanufactured...
  • Houpty GT
    Houpty GT replied to the thread 97 Jetta, need some help..
    Move an injector line so it points in the air. Hook up a spare injector if you have one otherwise you need to pull one. Bleed the line...
  • Houpty GT
    I wanted to add a few things to this thread for reference, since I found it helpful. I was having problems with a loud engine after...
  • Houpty GT
    Houpty GT replied to the thread 2022 TDIfest Discussion Thread.
    The Jetta factory in Mexico, or the Golf factory in Brazil.
  • Houpty GT
    It happens to all of us. There was one time I had to take a skateboard to the autoparts store because all 3 cars were disabled and even...
  • Houpty GT
    Well, the passenger tire is where the crank nose is located. I have never seen this since it is rare on the AHU/1Z engines but have...
  • Houpty GT
    Are you also checking VW specific codes or only generic OBD2 codes? It's not a good idea to have the check engine light on all the time...
  • Houpty GT
    Houpty GT replied to the thread 96 TDI Need Help.
    Any codes in the ECU? Are there air bubble in the fuel lines, especially after sitting? How old are the pump seals? Check all the...
  • Houpty GT
    Sounds like some issue with the pump or even multiple issues together. How many miles on the engine and pump? Do a quick check for...
  • Houpty GT
    That is going to retard the injection timing. Moving the gear clockwise will move the pump advanced in the timing belt cycle. This...