Recent content by HotRod

1. HotRod

FS: 2011 Golf TDI 4DR 6SPD. White. Socal

Is the car still available? I'm located in Santa Monica and I am interested
  2. HotRod

for sale: 2000 GlS TDI 5MT with extensive mods

If the car was in California, then I'd buy it today.
  3. HotRod

California Diesel Smog Test Frequency?

California still requires a smog check every two years. Perhaps they made a mistake by not requiring you to get one prior to renewing your registration. I just did mine last year. It was the second time. The first time was in 2010
  4. HotRod

California Diesel Smog Test Frequency?

The CA DMV used to have a gross polluter exemption for diesel vehicles and they have now changed their minds. California now requires a visual smog check every 2 years prior to vehicle registration renewal.
  5. HotRod

2002 Jetta Biodiesel ready- Auburn, CA $6000

I owned this car for 2.5 years before selling it to Scoutmaster. It was a great car. I bought it from Dzlchef in 2006 after seeing the ad on this site. I ran B100 in it for approx 30k miles. It ran like a champ. I kinda miss the car
  6. HotRod

Bring Matt to LA. Anyone?

I didn't fully read this. I'm in an all day seminar on Saturday. I'm around and flexible on Sunday.
  7. HotRod

Bring Matt to LA. Anyone?

I live off Main Street in Santa Monica and I'd love to see Matt. He has done some work for me in the past. I need several things take care of.
  8. HotRod

ALH Stealth Race Pipe EGR $45 Shipped

If it is still available, then I'll take it. How do you want to be paid?
  9. HotRod

Race 520s

I'll be at the Bay area GTG this weekend.
  10. HotRod

Race 520s

It is a Gator tune that was done a little less than 2 yrs ago.
  11. HotRod

Race 520s

I bought my '03 Jetta two years ago. I added a Gator tune and Race 520s on a stock turbo. At that time, I thought I was going to upgrade the turbo. I don't currently want to spend the $$ on a turbo upgrade. I want Jeff to do a RC tune at the SF GTG. My question is whether R520s are simply...
  12. HotRod

interior hood release problem, is this common?

The hood release lever breaks easily. I keep pliers in the car and I've been doing that for the past 2.5 years. My opinion is that the design of the lever is pretty weak.
  13. HotRod

any tuners in socal?

Leonard at Wild Rose is not doing tuning work. He stopped about two years ago.
  14. HotRod

Leonard Harviex of Wild Rose

Harv at Wildrose is honest beyond a doubt. He will tell you to save your money and wait until next year to do repairs. His work is awesome and he willl always tell you any anwers to any questions you have. He is top notch. There are few mechanics that opearate with his level of honesty and...
  15. HotRod

Back in the market for a tdi, is this a reliable deal?

I've purchased 3 TDIs and my advice is to stay away from any care that doesn't have a full maintenance history. If you buy a well maintained car, you will should have a great experience. If you buy a poorly maintained TDI, you will spend approx $2,000 going through it fixing things. Ask me...