Recent content by Hornblower

1. Hornblower

Mystery Nut

That's very helpful. I'll give that a careful inspection and report back if I find anything.
  2. Hornblower

Mystery Nut

I'm not sure that's a whole lot of help but thanks anyway :). Seriously, it is a mystery where this might have come from. I saw on the MK6 forum where someone else found the exact same nut. How's that for coincidence? There was nothing on that thread to show any answers were found.
  3. Hornblower

Mystery Nut

Thanks for your help...looks like M8X1.25
  4. Hornblower

Mystery nut 2011 JSW under engine

I know I'm reviving this year-old thread but, not seeing it previously, i started my own thread called "Mystery Nut". Ironically, we both referred to this special-looking nut as a mystery nut and the one I just found is identical. What are the odds! Anyway, during my third oil change I found...
  5. Hornblower

Mystery Nut

I know this is a long shot but can anyone identify this nut? During my last oil change (2010 Jetta TDI MK5), when I dropped the plastic belly pan, I found the special-looking nut pictured above sitting in the pan. I searched and searched under the engine area to see where it might have come...
  6. Hornblower

Quick instructions for oil change?

I had posted earlier in this thread about the amount of oil needed for a refill after changing the oil and filter. At that time, I was using an extractor only and the refill amount turned out to be 4L. Yesterday, I changed the oil and filter for the second time (at 20K miles). This time, I first...
  7. Hornblower

Fuel filter

That's a reasonable question for sure. It just seemed like a good idea to run a little "cleaner" through the system during the fuel filter change and putting some cleaning chemical like PS in the empty filter cannister sounded reasonable. Obviously, I do have some concerns which is why I'm...
  8. Hornblower

Fuel filter

There's some good info being exchanged here. I went out to AutoZone yesterday and bought a small bottle of Power Service Diesel Kleen. The next time I change my fuel filter, I plan to refill the cannister with a mixture of fresh diesel and this PS product. Since there doesn't seem to be a hard...
  9. Hornblower

Fuel filter

Appreciate the tip there Mac! So, you don't use straight PS to top off the filter cannister. Where did you get the idea to use the mixture of fuel and Power Service Diesel Kleen? Did you see this discussed somewhere else or is this your original thought? Thanks again-Ken B.
  10. Hornblower

Fuel filter

Hope I'm not highjacking the OP's original thread but since it's titled "fuel filter", it seems appropriate to ask this question here...when installing a new filter, a common step is to fill the cannister with fresh fuel before reinstalling the lid. Of course, with VCDS, this may not be...
  11. Hornblower

Sirius re-activation

I'm renewing every 6 months for $30. I never allow them to automatically renew at the "then current rates". It's a bit of a hassle since at the end of each 6 month period, my service terminates until they call and I renew again. This last time I went without service at all for about 2 weeks...
  12. Hornblower

LED DRL's

The price I paid in U.S. dollars was around $330 including shipping so, absolutely, this setup was not cheap. Before saying anything further, I should mention that I am not affiliated in any way with TM Tuning. That said, I feel I should reiterate that the quality of this kit is, IMHO, worth...
  13. Hornblower

LED DRL's

I should add a couple of comments about the Add-A-Line in my pictures. As you can see from the picture of the Add-A-Line by itself, there are sockets for 2 fuses. Now, looking at the fuse box picture, the pinkish looking fuse plugged into the top socket is the fuse that came with the SlimLine...
  14. Hornblower

LED DRL's

Sure, here you go: The passenger compartment fuse box (left side of dash) looks like this... The Add-A-Line looks like this...
  15. Hornblower

LED DRL's

I finished the install of the SlimLine LED DRL’s from TM Tuning on my 2010 Jetta and I am totally satisfied with the result. No doubt, there may have been more sophisticated ways to accomplish this, as suggested by others on this thread much smarter than me, but I was looking for only two...