Recent content by HoneyBeetle

1. HoneyBeetle

01 VW NB Fuel Door Emergency Release Cable Fix

I have an 01 New Beetle TDI and I have fuel door issues. The door was stuck and someone yanked on the release cable too hard and it went pop. I think the fuel door cable is dead. I have looked all over for the part number and how to replace the emergency release cable for the fuel door and I...
  2. HoneyBeetle

WTB - NB roof rack 2001

Wanted to buy - VW NB roof rack base. I may be willing to buy other accessories, if available. I need something that fits my 01 NB to use with my Kayak(s) and/or bike(s). A locking Thule or OEM would be very nice, indeed! :D
  3. HoneyBeetle

June First Friday 6/3/11

Hey! How's the pretty little white beetle doing and the girl who drives it all the time?
  4. HoneyBeetle

HO5G GTG June 26

Gag order on pictures? I'd love to see pictures. Sorry I missed this one. Maybe next time.
  5. HoneyBeetle

MK4 sunroof leaks covered by new campaign

Too bad I didn't enter my appearance at the hearing on the ingress class action being heard in New Jersey later this July. Is anyone going to the class action hearing?
  6. HoneyBeetle

I had water ingress issues that got worse due to clogged sunroof drains. I don't seem to have issues with the seal, from what I noticed. But, I'm not experienced enought to know. I'm having the Beetle checked and repaired as needed.
  7. HoneyBeetle

WTB: 01 NB Floor Mats

I need front floor mats for an 2001 New Beetle. These are the type with the round clip holes. Would love to get a set of carpet ones in black color. Please, message me if you have any or know of someone who does.
  8. HoneyBeetle

ZipiTDI, did you get your VW repaired yet? Did you file your claim? I got a class action notice in May, same as everyone else. I've had damage from water ingress due to clogged sunroof drains. HopefulFred, who was kind enough to help me resolve the issue this past winter. I...
  9. HoneyBeetle

60 MPG / 900 Mile Club / 1000 Mile Club

Well well, mounting does seem like a bit of an issue. Thank you so much for that thread Fix Until Broke! I'll look at the Beetle tomorrow. The Scangauge looks sort of large. Do they come in different sizes, or are there other models that are different sizes?
  10. HoneyBeetle

WHY!?! Prices...

I agree, the treachery theory always stupifys...I mean simplifies everything.
  11. HoneyBeetle

60 MPG / 900 Mile Club / 1000 Mile Club

Thanks! Great photos, btw! I'm going to look into this....looks like a gadget I may want to have. I'd like to improve my MPGs, and continue to use B20.
  12. HoneyBeetle

WHY!?! Prices...

Hmmm...interesting. This may be the news my father was referring to.
  13. HoneyBeetle

HO5G GTG June 26

Oh, I see....you'll be furnishing liquids as a "rest stop" man? What kind of liquids, pray tell? Hmmmm..."rest stop men"......interesting (no comment).
  14. HoneyBeetle

WHY!?! Prices...

Oil reserves can be exchanged as a futures commodity. http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/commodities/cfutures.html This could be an issue if China continues to purchase US oil reserves at low prices. http://www.upstreamonline.com/live/article203406.ece
  15. HoneyBeetle

WHY!?! Prices...

Red....I agree, China demand would factor in to the equation, but not in a good way, provided the story my dad told me is factual. If China has a booming stockpile of cheep oil....more than it had oh, let's say....in the 80's and 90's, the effect on China's demand for futures would be...