Recent content by HoneyBadger

1. H

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Well I figured out why I was getting a MAF error. I had the 12V+ and the 5V ref switched on the MAF connector. So got that switched and the truck runs much better. I'm still getting a 17964 - Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation - P1556 error, so I think I need to go back and check my...
  2. H

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

I supposed it's time for an update here. Haven't made a lot of progress as I'm moving at the end of the month and need to get a different car fixed and gone before then. I did replace the turbo. I realize now, that it was a bit of throw money at the problem of trying to get the over boost...
  3. H

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Coolant leaks seem fixed for the moment, but I'll be keeping an eye under the truck for a while. Unfortunately though, the exhaust wrap is now soaked in coolant and is steaming while I drive around the neighborhood. (It'll dry eventually, just not a great smell when you come to a stop and get a...
  4. H

Vibration while at idle but not under load

Wow, that was an awesome reply Franko6! Feels like that post should go in a how to or something. So much information there to process and check out on my own motors
  5. H

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Another boring update with no pictures.... Just poking at the small things getting it ready for a smog check/certification I realized that the nipple on the vacuum pump was leaking, so I did the "fill it with epoxy" mod...
  6. H

Passat AWX conversion into 1973 MK1 Ford Transit, engine wiring info please

We, the people, want pictures! Let us live vicariously though you doing this swap. Looking forward to seeing how it comes out!
  7. H

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Well a tune from Kerma, and a little modification to a logic converter from FastForward and the CEL is fully functional and ready to go! I'm going to start driving with in the neighborhood a little bit to do a shake down and then schedule with a CARB referee to get this thing registered! I...
  8. H

Oil leak !!! Looking for help

Can you tell where the oil is coming from? You should be able to look around the filter housing and see. Did you check if any of those bolts loosened up a bit? Otherwise, clean up the area, then drive for a short time and try to pin point where the oil is leaking first. That'll tell you...
  9. H

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Well I've been trying different circuitry to get the light to turn off and realized that I've been assuming that the fault codes for not seeing the instrument cluster, airbag controller and ABS controller wouldn't turn the light on...….. So with that being said I'm waiting to hear back from...
  10. H

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Alternator is now working. Turns out I didn't connect the wire that goes from the alternator to the ECU. And that means no power to the exciter and thus the alternator wasn't working. Just an oversight on my part and learning how alternators are wired. I did the sloppy job of just running...
  11. H

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

After following that video to clean up the IP, I cut the wires too short and had to switch pumps. Luckily I already had an 11mm pump that I was planning to put on the truck later. I connected the plug on that pump and found it also didn't have the full travel on the quantity adjuster, but...
  12. H

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Thanks for the responses guys. I haven't reconnected the exhaust yet, but if I was to do it again I would definitely just plan to put in a flex pipe. I'm going to bend the hangers a bit and get the hung stuff to line up. That'll determine if I cut it up and put in the flex pipe. I got the IP...
  13. H

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

PickleRick - I haven't looked into custom AC lines, as this truck never had AC to begin with. The pressure side hose I put together uses -6AN hose and it has adapters to go to the banjo on the p/s pump and into the box. I'm very happy with it so far, especially since it should be easy to...
  14. H

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

For the power steering, I reused the ranger return from the steering box. Just a new rubber hose and it fits nicely. The thread is a 5/8-18 thread for anyone who finds this thread looking for sizes. The pressure side was a bit more complicated. I found a collection of AN fittings to make my...
  15. H

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

I had the motor out so I would have room to clean up everything around it. I also connected all the hoses in the back of the motor and torqued everything down on the motor. Fuel lines routed to the filter: Wires are tucked up out of the way: Slotted the motor mount to fit new rubber...