Recent content by hojnikb

1. H

VW AGR vs ALH differences?

Hi! I swapped my MK4 Golf from an AGR to ALH engine (old engine was blown). Because the doner engine had a bad turbo, i kept the original wastegate turbo and put it on the ALH engine. Now my question for the TDI aficionados is this: What are the differences between these two engines besides...
  2. H

Long cranking issue

Try replacing the seals on the injectors. I've had the same issue (would take a full minute of cranking to get going after it sat for a day or two) on my work Caddy. Once seals were replaced, it started _right_ up.
  3. H

Coding out original RDC300 unit

So i've replaced the original rdc300 unit for an aftermarket 1din radio. It works just fine, no drain issues or whatever. BUT the fault codes, related to radio always come up in vcsd when scanning. Is there a way to code out that radio module in vcds? Thank you!
  4. H

Oil level sensor wiring

Nope, it's oil level sensor for sure. It sits at the bottom of the oil pan and has a 3 pin connector.
  5. H

Oil level sensor wiring

Must be an euro thing then. Mine has it for sure.
  6. H

Oil level sensor wiring

So i've got a busted wiring on my oil level sensor. Previous owner must have ripped the connector off and cut the wiring. Anyway, i'd like to redo the connector, but have hard time finding the correct wiring for the pins. Any ideas where i can find this? Car is MK5 1.9TDI 2005.
  7. H

Extending lowline MFD functionality

I think i'm going to do midline fis. To my understading, all i need is to upgrade the cluster and stalk and coding? Is there a tuturial how to do it? Seems like full mfd is a bit more invovled and midline already offers all the features i'm after.
  8. H

Does polarFIS work with baseline display ? If i were to replace the cluster for a midline variat, is it enough to replace the cluster and wiper stalk?
  9. H

So i've recently aquired mk5. Being a base spec car, it does not have any usable information on the dashboard display other than time and milage. I'd like to have mpg/distance to empty functionality somehow. Is it possible to retrofit some 3rd party display to show that info or do you have to...