Recent content by Hinzipwo

1. Hinzipwo

06 Jetta TDI 1.9

vcds is a computer program you can install made by rosstech, the catch is you will need to purchase a cord the is compatible with your car which can be a little pricey. its basically a full diagnostic tool that can read certain values and DTC's that generic scanners wouldn't be able to read. ill...
  2. Hinzipwo

06 Jetta TDI 1.9

welcome to the forums :) first off i would post in the mk5 section of the forums as you'll get more people looking at it that know about that engine specifically. is this your first vw? certain scanners are alright on these cars but you'll definitely want to invest in a program called vcds if...
  3. Hinzipwo

ALH injection pump reseal

my injection pump has had a leak for the past year now and i have been doing a lot of research on how to change the seal and repair it. i have no experience working with these injection pumps and to be honest i feel a little scared to tackle the job myself because i would not like to do damage...
  4. Hinzipwo

Next Oil Change...Opinions Needed

I've used that exact oil before in my ALH and had no issues
  5. Hinzipwo

Skipped CVT transmission service, what now?

thats interesting i never knew that, good thing they dont use them anymore unlike brands like nissan
  6. Hinzipwo

Skipped CVT transmission service, what now?

cvt? that sounds odd i didnt think vw used cvt transmissions, i was under the impression that it was all dsg gearboxes in thew newer tdi's
  7. Hinzipwo

What did you do to your MKIV today?

had to replace the alternator for the second time this year, here is to hoping this one lasts longer than the other one did!
  8. Hinzipwo

Replaced alternator 6 months ago, battery light on with no charging.

would i have better luck with a valeo than this ac delco one i got last time? if i pull the trigger i may send you this old one to be rebuilt as a spare
  9. Hinzipwo

id parts lists the valeo alternator as a new unit, im just wondering if the bosch is really that much better. the valeo is a little bit cheaper
  10. Hinzipwo

Source for a used or rebuilt fuel injection pump

i have a 10 ml pump off of an alh if thats what you need, not looking to get much for it, pm if interested
  11. Hinzipwo

i've seen the valeo 120 amp alternator on idparts for a decent price, how is the quality of those ones compared to the bosch?
  12. Hinzipwo

im going to look more into the fuse box on top of the battery to see if there is a issue in there, ill aso check for shorts along that harness
  13. Hinzipwo

A Sad Goodbye to the Old Girl...

that car owes you nothing, glad shes not in the scrapyard but you had your time with it and now its someone else's turn to have fun with her. still sad though :(
  14. Hinzipwo

i replaced my alternator a few months ago when it quit out, i also replaced the whole fuse box on top of the battery. I'm just wondering if there could be any other reason my charging system isn't working other than the alternator. i replaced the alternator with a ac delco reman unit and i'm...
  15. Hinzipwo

Loud Pop, Awful Smell

stay a while maybe you'll be convinced to join the tdi gang :LOL: glad the forum could help, crazy to think that these threads can help any car owner not just Volkswagen!