Recent content by highhilltdi

1. H

Feeler: 2010 Golf TDI DSG White/Charcoal

Cowtown is Columbus. I'm around Zanesville...an hour east on 70. Or fly heading straight off Runways 10R/10L for 12 minutes in most any jet. :D I'm a tire kicker for sure at this point...just thinking about getting back into a TDI. Newer one's scare me but I don't want to start out with...
  2. H

Feeler: 2010 Golf TDI DSG White/Charcoal

Might be an interested player. I'm an hour east of cow-town. PM me if you decide to sell.
  3. H

2006 Jetta TDI, 82000 miles, Excellent !

No miles in the CL ad either...in my mind that means it has VERY high miles. I find it best to list LOTS of information. It's free on CL...so why hold back? Tell me how good you've maintained it (with the proper oil and not the stuff that melts down cams around 81k....), which options, etc. I've...
  4. H

Proud New Owner of a 2002 Jetta GLS TDI!

I was quite happy with my '00 auto and put 155k miles on it with a tuning box. I also would have preferred the manual but it was the deal that came along. I've shopped new TDI's twice in the last five years....and every time I'm disappointed in the complexity and reliability issues. The...
  5. H

HPFP Blew in My '09

Your dealer told you it WAS covered...or wasn't? My past experience with VW....the dealers were numbskulls and VW corporate encouraged that kind of behavior. I'll pass along to him that at least someone at VW thinks it should be covered (or at least they did at that time....).
  6. H

HPFP Blew in My '09

Well car has been sitting for two weeks at the dealer. They claim the HPFP is not covered by warranty. He's arguing that it should be. Doesn't exactly sound as cut-n-dry as your post indicates.
  7. H

HPFP Blew in My '09

He's what you'd call "off the grid" when it comes to the net. When his '05.5 crapped out, VW did work with him a little. They wouldn't fix it but did offer him a $3k discount off a new '09. Not what I would consider a good deal....but we all have different expectations. He's a bit more upset...
  8. H

HPFP Blew in My '09

Chalk up another. A buddy of mine has owned TDI's for many years as he drives 50k-60k per year. I was looking to get back into one a couple years ago and called him up to see how his was doing. He had just lost the top of his engine at 140k miles due to some issue that was very common. He...
  9. H

ROYAL VW of B'ham- TDI Sedans, Sportwagens, Tourages and Golfs- Updated Weekly

Thanks. It was more of a curiousity question since I hadn't seen anyone here advertising the sedans. I pretty much wrote off buying one but might change my mind if the deals come back around.
  10. H

ROYAL VW of B'ham- TDI Sedans, Sportwagens, Tourages and Golfs- Updated Weekly

I don't see any sedans listed (non-cup)? I was shopping back in May when they were heavily discounted but couldn't find the exact model I wanted at that time. Are the sedans even available now??
  11. H

How's the heater on '09+ models?

Thanks all, sounds like things have improved a bunch. Is there any difference in the grid heater between DSG/manual models? Back in the day, I recall some saying the "electric" heater was only in one or the other (auto or manual) but don't recall which. I just know mine was stupid cold...
  12. H

Well that rumor was going around back in 2000 and I froze my junk on many a morning wondering where that darned thing was. Maybe it's more than a rumor these days...but I'm hoping someone north of the border can chime in. It's those 10°F days that I was driving for 20 minutes before feeling...
  13. H

Can anyone comment on the heat efficiency on the newest iron? I'm contemplating a 2010 (again....) and was wondering if they're any better or more "gas" like? My '00 was brutal on some days and I eventually added a plug-in heater which helped in the mornings...but not leaving work. Also, how...
  14. H

09 jetta "creative" lease option

I've done the calc for many clients (CPA here) and the vehicle generally needs to bust $40k, you need to be able to deduct the payments, and you need to invest the cash saved somewhere. Then maybe you'll come out ahead (financially) with a less flexible finance structure. I haven't done a calc...
  15. H

09 jetta "creative" lease option

Agree completely, at least for a normal human being. Business is different where you have things like debt covenants, cash flow fluctuations, and stock/bond holders to name a few. Sometimes a the higher cost of leasing is worth it for savings elsewhere. But the normal person should never...