Recent content by highflyin250x

1. H

1.5D Suzuki Samurai BUILD thread

I really wanted to get the body off today, but while i was double checking to make sure everything was detached it started pouring rain.
  2. Stupid_rain

Stupid_rain

3. 113_0866

113_0866

4. H

So i started cleaning the body yesterday by giving it a heated pressure washing. The little 1.3 gasser wouldn't start for me after sitting outside this winter. I don't know what's wrong with it and do not feel like putting any time into getting it running... moving it around to work on it...
  5. Initial_cleaning

Initial_cleaning

6. Dead_engine

Dead_engine

7. H

This information is helpful. However, i want to try the opposite. 1.6 internals in a 1.5 block. I placed the crank and a couple rod and piston assemblies in the 1.5 block and just snugged it up. I saw that the pistons were above the top of the block a good amount (didn't measure, but most likely...
  8. H

Thanks for all the info. Both my 1.6 and 1.5 have 11mm head bolts. I am not sure what to do because i want to use this samurai to get me back and forth to school (200 Miles) on biodiesel. So i kind of want a 1.6 for the power and reliability, but i was hoping to get a motor together cheap. I am...
  9. H

I'm going to try and mess around with it soon. I remember standing a complete piston rod assembly from a 1.6 and 1.5 next to each other and not seeing a length difference, but i also wasn't really looking. I will check it out, but it makes sense that it wouldn't fit.
  10. H

I have a 1.6 all torn down. Can i use the internals, such as crank, rods and pistons in the 1.5 block with the 1.5 head and injector pump? I noticed that the 1.5 and 1.6 have the same bore, where does the extra displacement come in? Pistons? Rods? I was also wondering about swapping oil pumps...
  11. H

Didn't get much done today, tried honing the cylinders again, but its taking a really long time because the stones i'm using are not very abrasive. I did organize all the parts from both the motors that i had torn down so that i have a neat area to clean parts and reassemble engine.
  12. Organizing_parts

Organizing_parts

13. H

Yeah i have heard of people welding them back up and getting some miles on them, i just want a clean motor. The 1.5 had less than 80,000 miles on it when it was pulled from a car and sat under a tarp for a couple years. I'm not going to lie i am a little worried about the power output of the...
  14. H

I have not been able to find oversized pistons either, so i am going to try and clean up my cylinders and hope that i can get away with factory sized replacements. This is the kit that i am thinking about...
  15. cracked_1_6_head

cracked_1_6_head