Recent content by Herm TDI

1. Herm TDI

Time for e brake cables

Yes.. the cable ends are made to fit the stock tubes just fine.
  2. Herm TDI

Build of a different color

Since my wife passed away last January I have been at an impass. I did grief counseling which did help . I was at apoint that I had to find a new start. I needed a "project" to take my mind in a new direction...a place where I could focus my mind and my abllities , I still own anddrive my 2002...
  3. Herm TDI

My Trike conversion

My Trike conversion
  4. golf body.jpg

golf body.jpg

transporting a corpse
  5. Herm TDI

Rear Axle R&R

I'm in the planning stage for the replacement of the rear axle . Due to corrosion and fatigue the Right side "leg" of the axle has warped causing excessive tire wear. I've compiled a list of parts let me know if you know of any thing I've missed: Rear Axle 1J0-500-051-L Brake line clips...
  6. Herm TDI

Part # request: 5Q0 611 797 B

BINGO... we have a winner here !... give the man a Sheriff's badge ! Clip
  7. Herm TDI

No. not that. These are the white plastic clips attached to the axle and the break-line is secured by them.
  8. Herm TDI

Car Info: 2002 Golf GL (4Dr) TDI 5Sp I need the part # for the REAR axle clips that secure the brake lines to the axel. Thanks in advance.
  9. Herm TDI

Survey Says ? ....

I'm doing a rear break job on my MK4 Golf. Of the inventory on-hand I have the following brands:
  10. Herm TDI

What preferred Laptop suits VCDS ?

My old PC in the garage has at last expired. 😪 Served me well for several years. Now it's time to move on to something else. So without further ado here is my question. What preferred Laptop suits VCDS ? I don't need a 2K$ lap top to use primarily on my car. A used laptop it often plagued with...
  11. Herm TDI

What preferred Laptop suits VCDS

My old PC in the garage has at last expired. 😪 Served me well for several years. Now it's time to move on to something else. So without further ado here is my question. What preferred Laptop suits VCDS ? I don't need a 2K$ lap top to use primarily on my car. A used laptop it often plagued with...
  12. Herm TDI

Poll - what's your favorite mk4/A4 body style?

The MK-4 TDI are like ice cream ..... people have their preference ...They're all good
  13. Herm TDI

Hello Peter, I'd like to talk to you.. I've lost your phone# Herman 1(207) 737-2861

Hello Peter, I'd like to talk to you.. I've lost your phone# Herman 1(207) 737-2861
  14. Herm TDI

No Reverse lights!

The simple solution is to find someone replacing their MK-4 front brake pads. The pad wear sensor connector is the correct size replacement that you need.