Recent content by Hennapanda

1. H

power service on sale at....

Diesel Kleen on Sale Just bought 3 96oz bottles of Diesel Kleen at University VW in Seattle, WA. The price? $6.99 per bottle! Pretty good.
  2. H

Requesting Help CEL Code P048C

Sardool, I have the exact same problem. 2006 TDI, my CEL has been on for over 80K! Works fine, except for a slight decrease in mileage. Would love to get this fixed, but whenever I go to the dealer, I get this open ended invitation to spend 4 figures figuring out what it is. If you figure it...
  3. H

What is the real size of the tank on a 2006 A5 jetta?

Thanks to all. Lightflyer1, I am actually a two year vet of the forum, and did search, but didn't come up with your link, or specific info as you state above. It would be a help to all if one of us, maybe me, simply drained the tank, then refilled it to the brim. Then, once and for all, we...
  4. H

What is the real size of the tank on a 2006 A5 jetta?

The manual says 14.7, and, that when the light comes on, you should have 1.8 gallons left. I fill my tank until I see foam at the top of the neck of the tank. My light comes on, I drive 20 miles, and take 14.4 gallons. My question is: Am I just .3 gallons away from running out of fuel, or...
  5. H

Winter Mileage Drop?

No. Simple conservative driving, both in the summer and winter. Trying at all times to "ride the torque". In other words, same driving style, basically same driving geography, except for the weather and the winter additives in the fuel I buy. John
  6. H

Winter Mileage Drop?

Sorry if this is posted, but I cannot find it. In the summer, I get, on the road, 43-47 mpg. Now, in the cold Seattle winter, I am getting 34-37. Normal? I want to make sure before I take big steps to research. Thanks in advance, John C.
  7. H

Anyone Familiar with Bardahl Protex Additive?

Not on Website dhdenney, that is odd. I live in Seattle and actually went to the plant, where they have tons of it. Maybe it is a specialty product only for trucks? I will go back and see what gives. John
  8. H

Performance with the Bardahl Additive I filled up my 5th tank, using just 2 oz. of Bardahl Protex for 14.8 gallons. I have now consistently averaged more than 2.6 mpg using this product. However, I am not any diesel expert and would like hearing from others who have used it. In the past, I...
  9. H

Just as a follow up, I again filled my tank and averaged 46.5 mpg, which once again is 2.8 mpg over my long standing average. I am not an expert, and would appreciate some comments or thoughts as to why this large disparity is occurring? Thanks in advance, John
  10. H

Oil change place forgot the little O-ring

I did my first oil change on my A5, and somehow trashed the upper O ring (the large one). Is there a torque spec for tightening this screw filter back down? Finger tight kind of thing, or do you really honk on it? Man, I almost blew up my engine not knowing I was leaking oil all over the...
  11. H

In the past, I have used PS and Stanadyne, with similar results. However, a friend suggested I use the Bardahl Product. I have had what appears to be superb results with this additive, and am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? It comes in a 16 oz. bottle, which is good for...
  12. H

MKV Fuel Filter Replacement Procedure

Priming the Fuel System Terrible TDI, thanks for the great, informative pics and information. I have been told by my dealer that they have to prime the fuel system with a special tool, yada yada yada. How do you prime the system? The rest looks very doable, even for a newbie. Thanks again...
  13. H

Mileage Drop with Winter Fuel?

Can't find an answer to this question with the search engine, so: Does your mileage drop when using winter fuel? If so, what percentage drop in fuel economy should a 2006 Jetta TDI automatic see when changing from summer fuel to winter fuel? Bought new in April in Seattle, WA , I had been...
  14. H

--> Frequently asked Questions <--

Fuel Tank Size?? Does anyone know the real tank size, including fill up neck, on the 2006 Jetta TDI?? T(h)anks in advance, John
  15. H

Fuel Gauge Accuracy

Accurate size of Fuel Tank - Does anyone really know? 2006 Jetta TDI: My manual says that my fuel tank is 14.5 gallons, AND that the warning light will light up when there is 1.8 gallons left (approx). This should work out to filling up with 12.6 or 7 gallons when the light comes on. When I...