Recent content by hec

1. H

Post your TDI sightings here!!

Hey Tom! How's it going? Just saw your message today. I think that was me. i go thru there most days on way to work & remember seeing the red wagon. Take care.
  2. H

TDIClub Secret Society of Benz Owners (SSBO)

Here is my "new" baby. Actually had it for almost a year now, but I haven't been very active on the forums lately. 2006 E320 CDI - Pewter / Tan - 65000 miles.
  3. MB E320 CDI - interior

MB E320 CDI - interior

4. MB E320 CDI - rear

MB E320 CDI - rear

5. MB E320 CDI - side

MB E320 CDI - side

6. H

TDIFest 2010: Hotel Info & Reservations

Booked Friday - Monday.
  7. H

Who needs TDI Work in Baltimore/Washington area

^^++ Thanks to Oliver for replacing my timing belt on Saturday. My car is running great! For anyone in the Baltimore / DC area who needs TDI work, I highly recommend Oliver Wegener.
  8. H

coal and garbage to diesel

Waste Management is using some of their landfills to do part of this process; i.e., garbage into methane. I think there is a market for the methane gas, so they don't bother with liquifying the gas. http://www.wastemanagement.com/wm/environmental/renewable_energy.asp
  9. H

If domestic drilling was approved tomorrow, when would we see oil price reductions?

My "not smart" reference was to the national oil companies, such as Mexico's Pemex, that essentially refuse any partnerships with big oil, even though it seems to be to their own detriment. I didn't mean to describe any individual on any side of this issue as "not smart." No offense intended.
  10. H

If domestic drilling was approved tomorrow, when would we see oil price reductions?

"Big oil" controls only a small percentage of the world's oil. I don't have time to look it up right now, but from memory it's around 10%. The rest is controlled by national oil companies. They are the true monopolies, and those who are not smart enough to at least allow "big oil" to help them...
  11. H

Warren Brown: Start Drilling! Warren Brown is the automotive reviewer for the Washington Post. Every Sunday, he has a review on the front page of the automotive section. On the inside of the front page, he has a sort of op-ed column that tends to combine political and automotive issues. I...
  12. H

I think this characterization is a bit unfair to the "drill now" camp. Almost all of the people who post here drive TDIs, which, as high mileage diesel vehicles are somewhat "alternative" already. Many (including me) use BioD when they can, which is almost certainly a better alternative than...
  13. H

***! $4.29 per gallon.

Be happy. You could be old in this stupid economy. I'll trade with ya. :o
  14. H

WTB: Rubber hood bumpstops

Take a look at the last couple posts in this thread. I think it may be what you're looking for. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=38143&page=3