Recent content by HBarlow

1. H

My screwed up buyback experience...

Sending the VWAG agents out to dealers all over the country to act independently to do the buy back transactions without providing them sufficient training to understand the settlement calculations and explain apparent or actual errors and without the ability to obtain immediate corrections from...
  2. H

not accepting one of my documents..

He is probably seeking compensation for a vehicle he had only a bill of sale for and no title or registration. Who knows? He likes to keep secrets and have us all jump through hoops to try to discern what it is he wants, what he submitted, and what VW reps told him was the reason for their...
  3. H

No more Diesel for US from VW

I don't drive or want to drive a car that delivers such poor fuel mileage either but roundhouse's point was that the math doesn't support paying big prices and high taxes for fancy new cars in order to drive cars that provide great fuel economy. Depreciation or loss of value is greater than...
  4. H

I'll post this news here too about our 3Ls

Sorry but any "reports" of anything about 2.0L fixes are bs. No fix has been approve or installed.
  5. H

With that post you became one of my favorite posters on this website. Well done.
  6. H

They are penalizing early TDi buyers

Your tongue in cheek whine makes more sense than many that are posted and angrily defended daily. One of my favorites was the Canadian whiner who thought he should be eligible for a buy back under the US settlement because his car had originally been sold and registered in the US even though...
  7. H

My screwed up buyback experience...

A similar complaint yesterday for a larger amount was determined by members to result from a changed turn in date. The owner had initially requested a turn-in date in August 2017 but turned the car in early this week. Same miles but nine months earlier cut the payment over $1000. Could...
  8. H

Gen. 3/EA288 Fix Questions

That's an excellent basic explanation. Unfortunately those who should read it probably won't. It's easier to remain uninformed and blame VW.
  9. H

Is Your Lease Termination Request Not Being Processed?

Large corporations don't have time or interest for such stupid and dishonest practices. VW credit will pro-rate and refund the unearned portion of your lease payment unless for some reason they inform you differently before you turn in the car.
  10. H

And, as predicted, OPEC just yesterday announced a new agreement to cut back oil production which, if it is adhered to by member nations, will cause road fuel prices in the USA to rise. How attractive will the econoboxes be if gas prices jump dramatically prior to the summer travel season next...
  11. H

Anybody thinking of getting a new VW?

If a buyer waits until one of those electric golf carts is two or three years old with 30k miles someone might pay him to drive it away.
  12. H

A3 TDI Buyback Fail

A nine month earlier turn in explains the issue completely. OP you should have mentioned that important change when you posted. I'm sure all who eagerly made stupid assumptions and false accusations about VWAG engaging in some malicious manipulation of the pay out amounts will now issue your...
  13. H

Offer Letter Just Received

Thanks. Your opinion removes a bit of apprehension. My docs were faxed but the notary public's stamp was freshly inked and very visible.
  14. H

It Appears the 20 day business rule is out the window!

Follow the money. It's always about the money. The underlying motive with the whiners and their continuing whine is they want someone to force VW to give them more money because they are entitled to get what they want when they want it. A little delay has made them very angry and even more...
  15. H

Stand By.... TV crew wants to talk to me

I like your suggestion. Television viewers in San Fransicko probably hate VW and VW owners already.