Recent content by hawk1039

1. H

Timing Belt Change Hell

The crank marks confirmed my TDC glow plug measurements, there are no marks on the flywheel!!, double checked everything and rotated the eng, normal compression, buttoned everything up, car cranked right up, block 2 was 94 and block nine was 97. I will research advanced settings, any...
  2. H

Timing Belt Change Hell

I had to take a break, I will use the marks on the harmonic balancer, Thanks
  3. H

Timing Belt Change Hell

Actually I replaced the engine a couple of years ago ( crate engine ) didn't think about TDC mark before install, it has no marks as far as I can tell. After reading this entire thread I should be able to rotate the engine by hand after putting everything back together? I guess a smooth...
  4. H

Timing Belt Change Hell

Need help, hopefully posting on the right thread, I'm in the middle of a timing belt change and my manual trans flywheel has No TDC mark... I used a micrometer to get the #1 cylinder as close as I could to the highest point. I'm on the fence between 2 teeth, don't want to destroy engine. ( I...
  5. H

Front end noise

I have the same problem as Dougsbug! I have replaced brakes, and put it on jacks to inspect the wheel bearings, not sure which wheel bearing to replace! im not 100% sure its the left front, but it does go away when im in a left hand turn? any suggestions>
  6. H

Blown ALH need help.

yes, that's exactly what happened, well looks like im gonna pay for that mistake, Im probably gonna buy a crate motor with a waranty, and either sell or keep extra parts for future problems.
  7. H

Blown ALH need help.

the valve is solid, will not move, i havnt removed anything else, i will half to see,
  8. H

Blown ALH need help.

In the sixth picture down you can see the piston contacted the stuck valve, just a little.
  9. H

Blown ALH need help.

It actually would idle pretty smoothly, the only hint was the smoke, and a slight miss or hesitation around 2200rpms, i was just trying to make it home and take the head off when it gave up the ghost,
  10. H

Blown ALH need help.

The piston itself will rotate in block, The car was running fine, the turbo is the original,"as far as i no"and works fine. as for the noise, just a kinda bump while on the interstate at about 70mph, then coast to the side of the road.
  11. H

Blown ALH need help.

Ive got the pics, just haven trouble posting them.. help
  12. H

Blown ALH need help.

I finally have pics of my engine,I have 2 large holes on each side of my block, any suggestions on how this happened, could it be from the bent valve? I am in need of a long block replacement, I am in the National Guard, in a couple of months i will be in Iraq for 16months, i need a good honest...
  13. H

WTB: complete engine low miles, ALH 1.9, manual

Engine just blew, want to replace with low mileage engine.
  14. H

Feeler: Selling my engine complete

interested, my engine ate itself..
  15. H

blown head gasket....

yea, franko6 enlightened me, seems like all the dealership does is confuse or lead astray! Well im itching to get home and start the teardown, I have die calipers, micrometers and feeler gauges, got to track down my dial indicator though. Question on the head bolts, there's 2 diffrent kind in...