Recent content by Hairy Cannonball

1. Hairy Cannonball

What did you do to your MKIV today?

At the moment throwing money at, and getting dirty under, a 2005 Golf that I kind of fell into, that has almost as many issues as the current global political situation. Kind of a rescue mission for a car too nice to be crushed.
  2. Hairy Cannonball

The Crayon Smell: Is it Dangerous or Benign?

None of ya'all ate crayons in grade school and it shows...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  3. Hairy Cannonball

AC compressor has passed away.

Whoever told you that the compressor was bad because the high side was too high is completely wrong. Please never return to that shop again. As others here have said you have a blockage in the system. Do you have adequate airflow through your condenser?
  4. Hairy Cannonball

Lubricity of Diesel in our cars

Ralph, from your posts it is obvious that you have no understanding of fuel injection systems. I would suggest using google to search for some information.. Here is a link to get you started: http://www.slmarket.com/fuel.htm
  5. Hairy Cannonball

Bonding with my TDI

I have no objections to that, however realize that although I am a competent mechanic, this is the one and so far only TDI I have worked on. This weekend it will be two as I am going to help a good friend do the TB on his '03 wagon. Also, I did buy the Rosstech cable, but I borrowed the...
  6. Hairy Cannonball

NB won't start, OBDII won't link

Sure A bad (high resistance) connection in the circuit, probable in relay 109. Doesn't have to be 0V to be bad. Reading 6V at the fuel shut off means a high resistance somewhere in the circuit. The same connection might read 12V with no load on it. Check relay 109 for cold solder joints and...
  7. Hairy Cannonball

Bonding with my TDI

So I have been spending quality time in the garage bonding with my Jetta, the 2000 I got cheap because it wouldn't start. As I described in another post I found relay 109 with a cold solder joint as the no start culprit ( not the IP as the dealer quoted the PO) I drove the car about 500 miles...
  8. Hairy Cannonball

Any Harley riders?

Oh why oh why did you not??? :D:D
  9. Hairy Cannonball

Any Harley riders?

Out of all the bikes I currently have, I prolly like my Guzzi V11 Lemans the best. I used to have a 74 850 Eldorado..Still kicken myself for selling that one. How long have you had your Goose? The rest of my fleet consists of a couple BMW's 3 Ducatis, the RE diesel, a DR650 and a GasGas.
  10. Hairy Cannonball

Any Harley riders?

Living near Sturgis I've even grown tired of the sound..Now a roundcase Ducati in full song blowing through a set of Contis...Now *that* is what a motorcycle is 'sposed to sound like.:)
  11. Hairy Cannonball

Any Harley riders?

My Royal Enfield diesel always gets better than 130 Miles per gallon and frequently sees 160 mpg. Slow, but fun and cheap to run and it handles surprisingly well.
  12. Hairy Cannonball

compression HEATS the air?

I don't understand why folks are so scared of using propane as a refrigerant. Sheesh, every weekend millions of people stand next to 20 lbs of the stuff, next to an open flame, drunk, cooking burgers. They live to tell about it too. The gasoline version of the car he is talking about has over...
  13. Hairy Cannonball

compression HEATS the air?

When you compress a gas it gets warmer, when it expands it gets cooler. The compressed gas coming out of your AC compressor is very hot. Haven't you ever tried to grab the high side pipe when your ac is on? ;) (Don't do it, it is very hot "hence" you will burn your hand:p) In very simple terms...
  14. Hairy Cannonball

FS: A4 TDI Parts

How much for the front bumper styrofoam insert and what condition is it in?