Recent content by h4vok

1. h4vok

what size injector tips

DLC1019 would probably be a safe choice if you can get them to update the tune. Other wise you might just need to be easy on the pedal until you get a clutch and tune. Those should give plenty of fuel for a vnt17.
  2. h4vok

G70 Transmission fluid not recommended for warm weather?

I think Redline MTL or Syncromesh is better suited for these cars. In SC you could use the G50 if you want oem. I plan to use MTL when I get around to doing my 03.
  3. h4vok

MN Chat Thread

Thanks guys looks like if Upull has a mk4 that I can get a spring for $11.
  4. h4vok

MN Chat Thread

I jacked up my car recently and had one of the rear springs fall out of its perch and when I set it down the rear spring snapped 2 of the coils off. Do any of you have a MK4 rear spring I could buy off you? Or know of a junk yard or similar that would be a good place to look? My suspension is...
  5. h4vok

Injector upgrades

Same here I bought the v16 version one from the same seller for $40 and it has worked fine. If you use an older os like windows7 or xp it works without much messing around at all. Just have to assign the driver to it in device manager if I remember right.
  6. h4vok

Injector upgrades

The DLC520 will be similar to your PP520s. If you like those and have been able to make adjustments to lower smoke I would go for it. I have DLC520s on a 10mm and on the stock tune it behaved just fine. I however do have a tune and it is great with or without the tune on the 10mm. If you are...
  7. h4vok

Winter Fuel Sensativity?

Not sure about the BRM, but Have you checked the lift pump? If it is still running decent, but having some inconsistency I could see the lift pump acting up. Not really sure just trying to throw ideas around. Maybe it needs to have some cleaning done since it is in the tank where there could...
  8. h4vok

Winter Fuel Sensativity?

Sounds like you just got a bad batch of fuel. I see people always talking about winter fuel this winter fuel that. Here in MN we have heavily treated fuel and I don't have problems and I have even driven to TX and back in the winter and noticed no difference in their fuel vs ours. The MPG...
  9. h4vok

Replacement Turbo

This is my kind of question too. I plan to have my car on all factory parts to achieve as close as I can to this. I have DLC520s with the plan on a vnt17 and vr6 clutch. My thinking is if I can make a tune that has basically zero smoke with the extra air from the vnt17 that I will be able to...
  10. h4vok

Replacement Turbo

The vnt17 will require a clip connector which is another $150. If you only care about econ get the vnt15. You will not notice an improvement in mpg going to the 17. I would look into a tune with the money you save as that will give you a little mpg gain and power. Doing fuel injectors and a...
  11. h4vok

Installing a Boost Gauge Questions

I took the plastic intake piece off between the turbo and intercooler that goes between your fuel filter and the engine. I used clamp removers that are cable operated to get the the clamp on the intercooler under the head light. You will want this too to save a headache. Then I just drilled a...
  12. h4vok

anyone have the stock ALH ECU Maps

Check out Ecuconnections. The files are floating around there somewhere. Just don't use them on your car. Download yours and compare them to the ones you download.
  13. h4vok

Consistently low MPG

Short trips and low ambient temp will keep your mileage around what you are getting. That is what I get here in MN in the winter especially when I have a lot of short trips. Every mile your engine spends not at 190f is lowering your mpg avg. My fuelly is around 44mpg as in the last year I...
  14. h4vok

straight pipe

I have a turbo back straight pipe using as much of the stock pipe as possible. I do not have any weird noises. Mine has a different turbo than yours, but it should be nice and quiet even on the throttle. The turbo should be making whistle and whooshing noises not "screeching".