Recent content by Gwydion

1. G

WOO-HOO! Succesful TB change!

Thanks. Where can I get the cable and software? More importantly, how much is it?
  2. G

WOO-HOO! Succesful TB change!

Started this morning at 10:30, finished up at 8 o'clock tonight. Thanks to everyone that has posted advice and info about this cussing, tool throwing, tool box punching, think about calling AAA and letting the dealer finish it procedure. I used the "mark and pray" method, came in real handy...
  3. G

Power window regulator

From talking to VW mechnics, the motors are good and will last a long time. The regulators are the junk part.
  4. G

Dealer Maintenance or Warranty Questionaire for VW of America

From my recent dealings with VW America, I would have to say that they don't care about their customers. After driver and passenger side window regulator failures (ps on 11/02, ds on 11/07 second time for this side) and my hood latch assembly literally falling apart after 33 months of limited...
  5. G

How? Inner door panel?

Okay, I am going to rewrite the write up with pictures this time. My driver's side regulator went out last night. I'll probably throw it up on my website to save bandwidth here. Should have it up by tomorrow or Friday at the latest.
  6. G

How? Inner door panel?

Okay, I am going to rewrite the write up with pictures this time. My driver's side regulator went out last night. I'll probably throw it up on my website to save bandwidth here. Should have it up by tomorrow or Friday at the latest.
  7. G

Power window regulator

Well, within a week, I have lost both window regulators in my NB Passenger side went out last thursday, driver's side went out last night in the rain and 35 miles away from home.
  8. G

disconnecting the battery

I had a blinking glow plug light in my Beetle. Turned out to be the brake light sensor that is located under the brake pedal. The flashing glow plug light seems to have more than one meaning.
  9. G

How? Inner door panel?

Okay, the outer door panel. In the Beetle, there are three t-10 screws along the bottom of the door. Remove those. You will also need to carefully pry off the door handle cover. There will be two large phillip head screws inside the frame, one at the top, and one at the bottom. Remove...
  10. G

How? Inner door panel?

Okay, the outer door panel. In the Beetle, there are three t-10 screws along the bottom of the door. Remove those. You will also need to carefully pry off the door handle cover. There will be two large phillip head screws inside the frame, one at the top, and one at the bottom. Remove...
  11. G

How? Inner door panel?

The inner panel is held on by 15 (or 14) 10mm bolts.
  12. G

How? Inner door panel?

The inner panel is held on by 15 (or 14) 10mm bolts.
  13. G

Power window regulator

I am seriously thinking of organizing all this info on the window regulators and seeing if any of the consumer advocacy groups are interested in an investigation.
  14. G

When it rains.....

Well, I already started a thread about the window regulator. Yesterday (Sunday) I went to check the oil and do a timing belt inspection as I am getting close to change milage (depending on which dealership, owner's manual, or service rep you rely on for information ). After pulling the hood...
  15. G

Power window regulator

Wow, its worse than I thought. Well, for the NB, the part # is 1C0-837-656-A for the passenger side. It is listed as "REGULATOR". The list price for the unit is $94.70. On the Beetle, you have to remove the speaker, as it is riveted to the panel the regulator is on. Yes, riveted. I drilled...