Recent content by gvan

1. G

BEW engine misfire under load

So, In plain language, are you saying to replace the injector wiring harness first, and then if that does not resolve the problem, to replace the malfunctioning injector, 2nd?
  2. G

l still have not solved this problem, but I have a bit more experience with it. The car runs fine until it warms up. Even then it may run fine, but other times it starts to drop the #1 cylinder, and once it starts, it gets worse the longer it is driven. What I have found is that if I shut the...
  3. G

So I drove the car yesterday. All the symptoms went away until the car was up to normal running temperature, then the hesistation and shuddering on hills started again. Oddly enough, after about 10 km of shuddering, the car drove normally again the last few kms. Its acting more like an...
  4. G

Thanks for the input gentlemen! I forgot to mention a few things. 1. no smoke in the exhaust, so the cylinder is not getting fuel I guess. 2. I did try fuel cleaner and it made no difference to the hesitation on acceleration. Then this profound shudder on acceleration developed. 3. I did...
  5. G

Today on a 90 mile highway trip our 05 Jetta Wagon started to shudder under load. Downshift to higher RPMs smooths it out. It was mild at first but by the end of the drive the car is almost undrivable. Idle seems a little rough also. Just did an oil change, replaced the air filter, and fuel...
  6. G

Rough shifting into 3rd

Had the clutch replaced We went with a quiet clutch from idparts. It felt a little weird at first but we quickly got used to it and are happy with the result so far. Replaced the sticking starter at the same time, along with seals.
  7. G

Temp sensor and glow plug faults related?

I have had DTCs for intermittent on #2 & #4 glow plugs along with "signal too high or intermittent" on a couple of occasions in the last month. This produces a CEL of course. Anyone have experience with this and whether these are related? Also, seat heaters are out problem traced to a bad...
  8. G

Rough shifting into 3rd

Sounds like it is the clutch I had our well respected local VW tech change the trans oil. Level of original was okay. New oil didn't help and he noticed resistance in shifting in all gears, which maybe I didn't notice as onset has been so gradual. The short of it is that he says it is the...
  9. G

Key FOBs won't unlock

I replaced the batteries in both remotes with new ones. The unlock function now works! It is no surprise that the batteries needed replacing as these were original. Someone more knowledgeable than I will have to explain why a failing remote battery would manifest as a single inoperable...
  10. G

Key FOBs won't unlock

red led I haven't noticed that. What does that indicate? Does the led come on normally when a properly functioning remote button is pressed?
  11. G

Key FOBs won't unlock

CCM Measuring Block Okay, It's Group 15. "Remote Control Button" Reading is 0 0 0 0. First 0 = Unlock Button Second 0 = Lock Button Third 0 = RLR (rear lid release) Fourth 0 = Panic button Each 0 changes to 1 when corresponding remote button is pressed. Except, in my case, for the Unlock...
  12. G

Rough shifting into 3rd

new tranny oil Thanks jettawreck. As it happens I have OEM trans oil on the shelf here and will try that fix ASAP. Hoping for the same results you had!
  13. G

Rattle at startup

yes, it has been COLD! (Yukon) Yes, it has been COLD, (like -30C to -20C most of November and December). Had a few mornings where we weren't plugged in long enough before needing to start. (Finding that we need overnight plugin or at least 4 hours on those cold days[frost heater/pan...
  14. G

Key FOBs won't unlock

Both key fob unlock buttons stopped working at the same time a couple of weeks ago. Lock and rear gate buttons still work fine. I tried reprogramming per the owners manual and with Vagcom. No change. To the best of my recollection we havne't changed the batteries in the fobs. I would think low...
  15. G

Rough shifting into 3rd

Shifting into 3rd gear is frequently (but not always) rough, with light grinding and/or resistance. No other shifts are affected. 139,000 miles. Anyone else ever experience this or have thoughts on the cause? Low transmission oil level? Adjustment of linkage? Worn linkage? Thanks in advance!