Recent content by gtrosema

1. G

2005 Passat TDI

I haven't check that. With the cruise control on the RPMs climb like it is slipping, if I pull it back to 4th gear it seems to hold the gear with the RPM level. I have to get my VAG cable straighten out, since the last update it does not recognize it. Would be nice if it was just a solenoid I...
  2. G

2005 Passat TDI

Selling my TDI. transmission torque converter I think went bad, so I got used transmission. Then I am guessing it was a little low on fluid, just guessing but now seems like 5th gear is not holding like it should. So I am done with it. I put a engine in it new timing belt, water pump, mew rear...
  3. G

interface not found

I'll give that a try. New one for me, I don't recall confirming cable when I used it the first time.
  4. G

interface not found

HEX-CAN
  5. G

interface not found

I haven't had to use my Vag Com in awhile. So naturally the latest version loaded when I started it. Should not have done that? Now I get the above message. I've updated the driver for the USB port still get the same message. That being said I don't think I need the latest version since my car...
  6. G

Anyone ever see this? 16683 - Can't Decode, CODE File Not Loaded! P0299 - 000 - - Intermittent

Monday,07,June,2021,09:00:30:39744 VCDS Version: Release 21.3.0 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64 www.Ross-Tech.com Address 01: Engine Labels: 038-906-016-BHW.lbl Control Module Part Number: 038 997 016 N HW: 028 101 198 2 Component and/or Version: R4 2,0L EDC G000AG...
  7. G

Drivability issues that indicate a worn camshaft?

Well the fuel filter fixed it. Not sure why I always seem to make things harder than they have to be. LOL Again guys thanks for giving me something to think about, Cheers
  8. G

Ok tried both of those today. No Luck. No fuel filter in town so going to get one tomorrow and give it a go.
  9. G

That helps, thanks. Might be the possibility that it is expecting more boost and dumping too much fuel? I did pull the valve cover and saw one intake lobe worn, but am not thinking that is not the issue. When the rain stops long enough I am going to adjust the rod another turn and see if that...
  10. G

Looking around for threads on cam issues. Seems like most wear issues are noticed more at idle than upper rpm range. Just wanted to add this to the equation. Thanks
  11. G

I have a 05 Passat. I bought a used engine with 138k miles on it. I changed timing belt and drove it a couple times to work which is 110 miles there and back. The next day I started to work it was stumbling around 3k rpms. So I turned around and got my other car. No CEL or code. I adjusted waste...
  12. G

Boost issue

Update Guys, You were all Correct Boost leak. I could hear it but I could not pinpoint it. I'm gonna blame it on working 3rd shift, Apparently on the day I put the intake on I snuggged the bolts down but did not torque the intake bolts. So that took care of that issue. Thanks again for your input!!
  13. G

05 Passat 2.0 TDI No start issue

I had one do that. It would start consistently. But don't let it sit a day or two it would not start for anything. Had to use alternative measure to get it started. Some do not like it but I used a wet rag of gas over the air filter. It started and ran fine. then every time after that, then it...
  14. G

What does this nut belong to?

water pump fan bolt?
  15. G

Boost issue

Thanks guys. I have been toying with this the last week. Iam always feeling power and at 2100 rpms it boost goes away and then limp mode. My next step is to try another N75. Vacuum hoses have been replaced. I'll update soon. Thanks again.