Recent content by GT TDI Golf

1. G

Turbo rebuild

I pulled the turbo over the weekend. I don't see any indication that the wheel hit the housing at all. Sending it back to Kerma later this week. Hopefully it only needs bearings and seals and it'll be good to go again. Fingers crossed!
  2. G

Turbo rebuild

Email sent KERMA. It's not a GTB. It was a turbo that KERMA had previously offered. Awesome performing turbo. A bit slower spool compared to my buddies TDI with an S7 turbo but has longer legs so to speak. Great passing power for sure.
  3. G

Turbo rebuild

Does anyone know of where I could get my turbo rebuilt? I bought a Street Toys 1856 from KERMA around 6-7 years ago and it has developed a strange sound. I'm trying to find the time to pull it and take a look at what has happened to it. Some background info: I've been running it with a Malone...
  4. G

ALH+Quattro+81 caddy!

The box flares look so awesome! Good grief I've gotta quit looking at these Caddy TDI AWD builds... My Dad has one that's just sitting at his shop. Begging for a TDI swap. Good luck on your build. Do you think you'll have it done by SOWO this year? Pretty ambitious goal!
  5. G

Big Build - am I missing something

The cast for my head is different from most and doesn't have the clearance for the extra lift on the stg 3 cam. It hit the lifter bosses on cylinders 1 and 3 when I started to torque the head down. If I was planning on removing the head for port and polish (I'd love to but my project car is my...
  6. G

:D My Dad loves my car but complains about it being to loud and smokey. It has a 2.5" catback no muffler exhaust with the stock cat and dp still in place. Wish he had paid for all those mods and gave me my car! Your son is lucky and I'm a bit jealous!
  7. G

You've pretty much done what I'm trying to do with my 2dr. I've got the 6spd sitting in the garage along with a Passenger Performance dp and a PD150 manifold and EGR. 1856 and Eurojet FMIC have been installed for several years. I'm leaving the long block stock. Just need to find an 11mm pump and...
  8. G

Oil Light

Does anyone know what oil pressure TDI's should see? My buddies TDI just started flashing the oil light. It has 190k miles '03 Golf. Warm idle is around 12psi he said. He uses the correct oil. I can't find my Bentley manual so I was hoping someone would know it or have theirs handy. Any other...
  9. G

Southern Worthersee anyone?

I'll be there. Took the Corrado last time. It's the TDI's this year. :cool:
  10. G

Adding power windows Hopefully with ur help

Glad you didn't give up as easy as I did. My friends give me a hard time about the manual windows and all. Ha even my 22 and 19 year old Corrado's have power windows. Did you take any pics so that you could make a DIY? Still pretty sure I'm sticking with what I've got. My 93 Corrado project has...
  11. G

:eek::eek::eek: Yeah that pic right there changed any inkling of a thought to swapping to power windows for me. I'm brave but not that brave.
  12. G

I've wanted to add power windows to my 2 door as well. From what I've read its not an easy addition hence why I still haven't done it. You'll also need a new CCM and power mirrors/wiring for them. From what my understanding is you'll need to remove the dash to install everything correctly. I...
  13. G

Time for a new turbo!

KermaTDI sells the 1856. I've had one on mine for 30k+ miles and love it! Not sure about the rear mount but mine doesn't have the angled compressor outlet. It looks pretty much like a VNT 15.