Recent content by greiter

1. G

Rear Seat Center cup holder stuck in closed position?

I have same problem - seems if I unlatch the folding seat and slam it back in place then the armrest comes down haha; obviously not a long-term solution and I am sure the cheap plastic bits will start to fall off.
  2. G

Got my Panzer plate....WOW!

I didn't think skid plates were really needed either so I called a few VW mechanics in Connecticut and they said they see several VWs a month with oil pans destroyed by road debris so I bought an VW skidplate (European OEM).
  3. G

Roof Rack MPG costs....

yakima + bikes I get about 43 on highways without a rack, 40 with Yakima base, only 35 with bike rack and 2 bikes on top - ouch. loud too. whistling with racks only, whistling and high-pitched singing with bikes.
  4. G

The Bluetooth debate comes to an end! Hello 9W7!

good experience with new OEM 9w7 module I paid $315, shipped, for an OEM 9w7 module; it arrived within a week: took 3 minutes to install, including breaking the styrofoam holder so I had to order another from the dealer for $26. it works perfectly well (I haven't done any VCDS mods yet so the...
  5. G

DSG sucks - and not in a good way...

I agree with the Biffster. The DSG in my TDI JSW hesitates and is unresponsive when I manually shift it. Manuals are better (i also have a MKV GTI 6spd and a 1989 BMW 325 ix 5speed), traditional automatics are better. I also got DSG because my wife doesn't drive a manual...
  6. G

new ecu flash out

Confirmed. I took my 2010 JSW TDI DSG to the dealer yesterday (June 2nd 2010) to fix what I thought was a bluetooth issue (turns out the microphone connection in the overhead console had come loose) and they also told me I was their first car to have the software update to correct something with...
  7. G

VW Jetta OEM 16" Steel Wheels and Covers for winter!

I just verified that Tire Rack indeed sells VW OEM steelie take-offs for $36 each.