Recent content by greenskeeper

1. greenskeeper

Newer TDI

buy a gasser....seriously. All of the emissions bullcrap put on any "newer" diesel is enough to run to a gasser. The EPA has killed diesel vehicles.
  2. greenskeeper

2003 Jetta TDI, 325k miles, $2,000

"king of prussia" so I'm guessing PA just outside of philly
  3. greenskeeper

white exhaust smoke with a touch of grey

It's been a while since I owed my TDI but if it's not a timing issue a faulty fuel pressure regulator on the IP could cause the smoke. It's located on the top of the pump, remove and see if the guts have fallen out.
  4. greenskeeper

Newer TDI

funny the '13 jetta wagon is still on our local dealers lot with only 9k miles on it...dealer won't budge from $13+k
  5. greenskeeper

Newer TDI

I’m straying from the TDI, apologies, I put in pre2006 lexus and have gotten hits for the ls430.....thoughts oilhammer?
  6. greenskeeper

F/S: 2005 Passat TDI wagon Long Island, NY

So the BSM has been replaced with gear drive? If I am reading correctly, engine runs but transmission is bad?
  7. greenskeeper

Newer TDI

TSBs fixed a lot of issue mentioned. So you’d recommend a 3.3 from L/T ? I’d probably look at 2006 models since they would be the “newest”
  8. greenskeeper

Newer TDI

ok I'll play...what common problems are on a T/L 3.5 v6 engine 2007-present?
  9. greenskeeper

Newer TDI

Car seemed nice. Can’t decide to go for it or just get a Toyota/lexus with under 100k for the same coin. I keep thinking this TDI will bring a world of hurt sooner or later.
  10. greenskeeper

Newer TDI

Thanks for all the replies. Going to the dealer later today.
  11. greenskeeper

Newer TDI

The HPFP failures scare the hell outta me,more so than the emissions crap (delete when it fails).... no way to put a filter after the HPFP to mitigate metal debris when it fails (after warranty is up)?
  12. greenskeeper

Newer TDI

carfax shows bought back from vw 8/19/19 offered for sale 11/16/19 so only sat for 3 months, although driven very little for the first 6 years. Going to look tomorrow....dealer has passats and jettas for comparison.