Recent content by greengeeker

1. greengeeker

CKRA tensioner question

Do the Ford tensioners also lack a tang Brian?
  2. greengeeker

CKRA tensioner question

I don't see any provisions for that Pedro, nor do I see mention of removal in the TSB Peter shared. I think it just equalizes the belt tension with the position of the torsional spring position inside the tensioner itself.
  3. greengeeker

CKRA tensioner question

Thanks Peter! So it rotates counterclockwise (I didn't look close enough to see the arrow) into the belt tension which spins the back half of the tensioner. I'll have to play around with this to see it in action.
  4. Gates TSB.PNG

Gates TSB.PNG

5. greengeeker

CKRA tensioner question

Sent. Thanks Peter!
  6. greengeeker

CKRA tensioner question

I think this tensioner definitively settles the debate on the purpose of the tang. After the tension is set, the tang serves no function. My guess is there is some sort of block inserted between the two halves of tensioner. The tensioner is installed (and torqued down) and the block is...
  7. greengeeker

CKRA tensioner question

that would make sense, but what counteracts your rotation without a tang on the backside?...hence my "look ma, no tang" comment.
  8. greengeeker

CKRA tensioner question

Hey Peter, I see a Gates stamp between the two small "tensioner" holes. I've seen the same style on the CVCU.
  9. greengeeker

CKRA tensioner question

hey guys. This one has been bothering me for a while... How on earth is the OEM CKRA tensioner actually tensioned? Look ma...no tang!
  10. OEM CKRA tensioner, front

OEM CKRA tensioner, front

11. Litens CKRA tensioner, front

Litens CKRA tensioner, front

12. OEM CKRA tensioner, front

OEM CKRA tensioner, front

13. Litens CKRA tensioner, rear

Litens CKRA tensioner, rear

14. greengeeker

Replacing camshaft

^this. sorry man.