Recent content by grawk

1. G

SOLD 2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT 82k miles

Pictures: IMGUR Pictures I'm the 2nd owner. It was a buyback car with 20k miles. I bought it 2 years ago, and put another 60k on it, obviously highway miles. I have only used approved oil since I've owned it, and I imagine the original owner used the free service, so probably did as well...
  2. G

Pricing of 13-14 jetta sportwagen tdi after fix ?

I paid $13,500 for a '14 JSW 6MT and 22,000 miles today. I didn't haggle, because I was under water in my trade.
  3. G

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

turns out I need the media blast. $3900 and 4 days in the shop, joy.
  4. G

I’m starting to get a rough idle on my ‘11 335d and the steering position sensor codes. Little things That add up that we’re never a problem on the tdis.
  5. G

Does anyone else find themselves accelerating into curves when they don't mean to be driving that way? This 335d is going to get me in trouble. I can't make it lose traction in dry conditions and find myself pushing when I shouldn't.
  6. G

Dieselgate for tuned cars

I'd say no buyback value, really. Very few people are keeping these cars.
  7. G

The Golf is a lighter car with a smaller engine. Of course it got better mileage. It's amazing these beasts do as well as they do...
  8. G

How long after buyback closing is a bank loan paid off?

non-vw loan. Buyback was friday. Shows paid off this morning. So 3 business days? I'm impressed. Took about a month for my first one. So I'm officially done.
  9. G

Where's my Money?/ Turned in the TDI

showed up at 11:12pm. It's on the way. Patience was what was required!
  10. G

Where's my Money?/ Turned in the TDI

I turned mine in friday, got receipt while I was there, and didn't get my email tonight. I'm trying to be patient.
  11. G

VW did not pay off my loan completely!

only if he owed more than some significant amount more than the settlement amount, 20 or 30% (I forget the exact number, because I am not in that boat)
  12. G

VW did not pay off my loan completely!

did they give you money in addition to what they paid your lender? Was the $59 a penalty, interest, or just a mistake?
  13. G

I got a screaming deal on the A3, given that the buyback numbers were already well publicized. It's been something of a lemon, and I'd have been unhappy had the buyback not been imminent, but I also would have done a more thorough PPI. The A3 is a fantastic platform, and definitely has more...
  14. G

I paid $1000 less for the A3 than I did for the 335d. But with a TCO of something like -$2 a mile, it's hard to argue with the economics of the A3...thanks EPA!
  15. G

Drove my 335d 580 miles today, on 1 tank. 36mpg. Mostly highway driving, from Knoxville TN to Winston-Salem, NC and back, over the appalachian mountains. Hit 100 more than once. Man I love this car. Gets about the same mileage as the A3, but there's no comparison in performance. That said...