Recent content by GraniteRooster

1. GraniteRooster

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

EPA Accuses VW of Cheating Emissions This is epic - almost as good as intercoolers that load up with condensation. Go VW :rolleyes: "The Environmental Protection Agency issued the company a notice of violation and accused the company of breaking the law by installing software known as a...
  2. GraniteRooster

snow tire recommendations for not a lot of $

I am as much a Nokian fan as anyone, I run them on all my cars (winter only - there are much better summer tires than Nokian's summer offerings). But you are way off base with your statement that G3's are "Everything". They do not match the winter performance of the Hakkapeliitas, not even...
  3. GraniteRooster

FS: Pewag Sportmatik Tire Chains - Vermont / New Hampshire

I have for sale two sets of Pewag Sportmatik Tire Chains. The chains are very easy to install, come in a protective plastic case. Installed once to learn how and check fit, never used on the roads. Both sets brand new. $140/set compare at $180 new.
  4. GraniteRooster

What would you replace your TDI with????

So far I'm pretty happy with it - nice truck. I got a pretty basic model (XLT) and chose the 5.0L V8 for a few reasons: Ecoboost seemed to be suffering the same intercooler system woes Coyote V8 is a sweet engine - Ford threw alot of engineering behind the return of the 5.0 Test Drive I liked...
  5. GraniteRooster

What would you replace your TDI with????

Ford F150 I'll play - I replaced mine with a Ford F150. My needs changed such that I didn't need a commuter car any longer, but my 12 year old Tacoma pickup did need replacement. And here is the replacement for both car and truck:
  6. GraniteRooster

Buyer/seller feedback thread

I sold Winter Tires & Wheels to: RYVT Date: 11/12/13 Feedback: Positive Comments: Buyer made efforts to bring cash as requested and drove to meet at the arranged time. Clean and efficient deal, thanks RYVT.
  7. GraniteRooster

VW Mambo Wheels & Michelin X-Ice i2 Winter Tires 205/55R16 - Like New - NH/VT

Wheels & tires are sold, thanks TDIClub member RYVT for a pleasant transaction!
  8. GraniteRooster

Bump - sweet winter tire/wheel setup still available :)
  9. GraniteRooster

Update 11/13/13 - SOLD!!!! I have for sale a like new set of VW Mambo wheels with Michelin X-Ice i2 winter tires. Tires have about 2500 miles on them, tread depth is like new 9-10/32". I'd like to get $650, buyer pays shipping ( local pickup even better! :) ) I also have a set of four like...
  10. GraniteRooster

'12 Jetta Sportwagen TDI - Manual, Sunroof, Low Miles, Mint Condition - New Hampshire

Bump... slight price drop to $23,750. For anyone that has interest in this car, be aware that I am not asking that much over trade-in, and it will be gone soon either way. If traded, a dealer will sell this car for $25k+... 2013's are nearing end of production, and we won't see more...
  11. GraniteRooster

'12 Jetta Sportwagen TDI - Manual, Sunroof, Low Miles, Mint Condition - New Hampshire

Bump... sweet Sportwagen still available :D Now base price includes summer tires instead of winter. And, price drop to $23,995
  12. GraniteRooster

Bump... sweet Sportwagen available :D Price drop to $24,700
  13. GraniteRooster

2010 Sportwagen in the snow

Today I went to an outdoor spot that has a long, 3/4 mile uphill drive that is complete, continous sheet of smooth glare ice for the last 1 week due to plowing & weather patterns (no sand or slat is applied all winter... melt/refreeze = glare ice). There is a locked gate at the bottom on...
  14. GraniteRooster

2010 Sportwagen in the snow

I will add to the previous comments in this thread that the JSW does very, very well in snow. In particular, the ASR traction control system combined with ESC stability control system make the car extremely driveable. ASR is not as good as AWD, but definitely makes a world of difference going...
  15. GraniteRooster

Bump... This vehicle now has an Autotrader Ad with FREE CARFAX! :) Have a great weekend! :D