Recent content by gottdi

1. gottdi

New Baby Little Red

Heading out this morning to pickup my newly aquired 2002 Golf TDI. My other baby is my 2001 Yellow TDI Beetle. My current TDI is just falling apart. Runs great still but the interior is shot to hell and a hand basket and the outside is peeling and in a couple spots rusting. The new Red Sport...
  2. gottdi

Sluggish

TDI had a new turbo installed. Ran fine. Then the pump started leaking. Replaced the seals in the pump and stopped the leak but now the car is rather sluggish. Seems like serious turbo lag or the timing is off. Not sure what it might be. I will be looking at the timing with my vagcom but must...
  3. gottdi

Glow Plug Fix

I am looking for a true fix for my 01 TDI Beetle Glow plug on going problem. I have done Glow Plugs like 4 times since I have owned the vehicle and just lived with it for the most part. I really hate idiot lights and really hate that the Glow Plug issue is an on going one with this and many...
  4. gottdi

Borg Warner

What do you all think of the Borg Warner ALH 15 turbo vs the 17 Garrett upgrade. I have a set of 764 power plus and the upgrade G6 clutch and chip. I want to run my 764 injectors but currently have the 205 injectors or what ever they are in Europe. I need a new turbo and heard that the Borg...
  5. gottdi

Login Help

I am in need of being able to log in to my VagCom but I have not used my VAGCOM for years. I had at one time a log in when I was doing my Timing Belt and doing all my checking and after I got my beastie chipped. I have been searching on my laptop for the information and on the forum but have not...
  6. gottdi

Odd thing.

In the past week I have had my TDI sorta stall when trying to accelerate. It just quit accelerating but did not quit running. It lasted for a few seconds each time then began accelerating again. It only happens that I am aware when I am throttling up. No other issues have presented themselves...
  7. gottdi

Back on the road again

Well I am back on the road again from a failed cv joint that punched a hole into my transmission. I acquired a TDI transmission from a 98 Jetta and hired my son to install the beast. He did an excellent job and now I am on the road again. I also changed my rotors and pads. Now the car stops with...
  8. gottdi

Transmission Removal

I need to remove my transmission for replacement. I have an 01 Beetle TDI and I picked up a transmission but the trans is not from an 02 but from a 99. It is a 5 speed and a direct replacement. I wanted to know from the guru's here how hard is it really to remove a transmission with out removing...
  9. gottdi

TDI Transmission

I wanted to ask a simple question to help me in my time of need. I have an 01 TDI Beetle and I am in need of a new 5 speed. What TDI's will provide a replacement transmission? I am assuming that the 98 through 03 TDI Beetle will be good to go but what about the Jetta's or Golfs? Same years too...
  10. gottdi

Photo Albums for you NuBe's

Just thought I'd bring back a few photo albums for you NuBe's. I've been fixing a heater/air conditioner problem. I now have that resolved. Resistor pack needed a new thermal fuse. I installed one for $1.61 and a touch of non lead silver solder. Works like a charm. Thanks to the folks at...
  11. gottdi

Won't start after radio being pulled

I needed to replace my control module for my heater/air conditioner and needed to remove my radio for the procedure. I have it all hooked back up but not buttoned up and wanted to check to see if it all worked fine. Well I hooked up the connections to the radio and the controls and I can't start...
  12. gottdi

Fuel Prices is this rape or what!

Where I live I paid over $50 to fill my car. $3.79.9 per gallon. .20.1 cents short of $4 per gallon. What a rip. Can you say funding for the war? I can. It will be soon a wash as to using gas or diesel. I guess that is what is wanted. I am working on building an EV right now. I at least have...
  13. gottdi

Alternative Fuel Taxes

What is taxed: Gasoline is taxed. Diesel is taxed. E85 is taxed. Bio-diesel (non-home made) is taxed. What is not taxed: Natural gas is not taxed. Electricity is not taxed. Home Brew Bio-diesel is not taxed. Now the fun begins: I can go out an purchase a brand new vehicle that uses natural...
  14. gottdi

Air Conditioning Compressor problem

I now need my air conditioner in my TDI. It has always worked well but I never had a need to use it after I had replaced my engine last year. All my controls seem to work just fine but my compressor will not turn on. I have checked the connection and looked for some sort of fuse but found none...
  15. gottdi

Bio

Today I picked up my first batch of WVO from a small burger joint. I now have an account with them to pick up every week. I currently have 35 gallons in 5 gallon carboys. Some have seperated more than others but over all it looks good. The oil is canola oil. I will begin my quest to make good...