Recent content by gorms400

1. G

Clutch replacement

I typically have good life out of our clutches, over 500k miles between my 2 old ALHs, 150k on my truck and still going. Not a fan of the design of just about everything on the 2010 though. I will end up ordering new DMF/complete setup. Fluid level has never dropped any significant level, but I...
  2. G

Clutch replacement

2010 Sportwagen 6 spd has been parked for the last few weeks, keep losing clutch pedal. I dont want to mess around with it anymore, so time to replace everything. Car has 115k miles. Few questions.... -Does this have a DMF, and can it be resurfaced? Or should I just bet on a new flywheel as...
  3. G

Frustrated- clutch master replacement attempt

I did it by forcing fluid through the bleeder with a syringe, made for brake fluid and oil etc. I pulled all the fluid out of the resevoir first, pushed new fluid up until full. No pumping of pedal was required. As far as my original problem, I seem to get a random amount of time of normal...
  4. G

Spoke too soon! Drove about 130 miles flawlessly yesterday, mixed driving. On the way to work (highway) the pedal went spongy, lost all engagement. Oh well.
  5. G

Well unlikely of my luck, after struggling for about an hour to get the pushrod and clips into the pedal, then forcing new fluid through the old system a few times it works perfect again.
  6. G

Gotcha. I may try to flush the old one out for now as the fluid inside was nasty. I have long highway trips this week and was hoping to get 35-40 mpg vs 18 in my truck. Thanks!
  7. 20201219_121529.jpg

20201219_121529.jpg

8. 20201219_115757.jpg

20201219_115757.jpg

9. Gorms junk

Gorms junk

10. 20201219_121523.jpg

20201219_121523.jpg

11. G

So wife's car is a 2010 sportwagen, manual. Has 114k on it. She complained of the clutch pedal feeling weird sometimes, after a while I drove it and intermittently the engagement was lower. She had surgery on her foot a few weeks ago so I put it on the back burner until today. I ordered a...
  12. G

Sell me on one of these new to me 5doors!

I think my MKIV is much more comfortable than the 2011. I'm 6'1" and the tunnel takes up too much room next to the steering wheel on the 11, seat shape is better on the older car as well for my frame. I lent the ALH to my friend at 6'4" and he laughed a bit at first, but fell in love with the...
  13. G

Looking at 2011 Sportwagen, A/C issues?

So jumping back to this thread as it was 90 degrees yesterday, wife called me and said AC was barely working.:rolleyes: I got home, hooked up gauges and turned on AC full blast, temp was down to about 85, fairly humid out. Low side was around 50 psi, high side was around 140 I believe, seemed...
  14. G

Increased Cranking Time When Starting

I hate comparing apples to Dodges, but my 07 5.9 Cummins does this whenever I dont run power service. Typically with those it is injector wear, but I have been dodging the injector replacement bullet for 4 years and 60k now, 225k miles total. Our 2011 jsw seemed to fire off differently every...