Recent content by Gord

1. G

GTA / Stouffville get together details

Hi Tig, I had the yellow bug. Too bad you didn't make it out. I believe we met at the Putnam GTG where you were doing some major work. Nothing as serious was done on mine at this outing, just testing out a spare ECU I had. Although, doing pretty much *anything* on a bug is a major...
  2. G

14.77@91.85MPH

Those are some real impressive numbers! I seem to recall a tuner magazines (Sport Compact Car?) had a piece by one of the editors who had taken notice of the whole "TDI" thing and promissed a full article on anyone's car who was able to get into the 14's with a TDI. It was a few years ago...
  3. G

ECU location & access on NB TDI?

Yowzers!! I had no idea it was this much of a PITA on the bug. Not surprising though, everything is a pain on this car... I looked around on NB.org, but didn't see anything. I want to give the used ECU I picked up a check to see that it's ok. Thanks all. Oh, and Rusty, no that's not me...
  4. G

ECU location & access on NB TDI?

Is the ECU located in the same spot on the NB as the Golf/Jetta? I tried to get mine out, but when I pulled off the weather stripping at the base of the windshield and tried to lift the plastic cowl, it didn't want to move much and I didn't see the computer when I looked inside. The firewall...
  5. G

WTB: Working TDI ECU - P/N 038 906 012 N

Found one! Thanks all, that link is a good one. -Gord
  6. G

Yes, I have checked a couple of sources and this appears to be the correct item. Thanks for the link, -Gord
  7. G

Hi, Looking for an ECU for my 2001 NB TDI (5 sp). Stock or chipped is ok, as long as it works. Part number for this ECU that I need to get (I'm told) is: 038 906 012 N Thanks, -Gord
  8. G

London GTG pics. (56K. grab a beer, pretzels, etc)

Awesome GTG again folks! Totally makes the drive from Ottawa worth it! Big thanks to the hosts, monster tasty BBQ, beautiful location, great company. Paul, glad to hear you made it home ok and nothing else fell off. Those pics are the shizzy, especailly the ones in motion. The "gator"...
  9. G

Need help clarifying chip tuning and boost

Hey Oldman, we luckily have a bit more flexible rules here. There are a lot of holes in the rules right now (one of them has the TDI being lumped in with the 1.8t's, and that is just not a fair comparison), but I have raised the issue and am working on getting the TDI (all diesels for that...
  10. G

Ok, here is a few more pieces from the rulebook that may be of use (maybe?): <font color="blue">"Any ignition system or part may be used. Ignition settings and curves may be altered beyond manufacturer's specifications."</font> <font color="blue">"The air/fuel mixture may be adjusted on fuel...
  11. G

Rats, ok that won't work. Basically, I have 6 points to play with. Suspension modifications that I am working towards will take 3. If the chip raises boost, then it's 2 points. That leaves me with 1. I want to do injectors too, and that will be a 2 point mod as well. Or I could do...
  12. G

Hi Everyone, Can I get some input regarding a question I have around chipping and boost? Specifically, it is for helping to determine Solo 2 classing for TDI's in next years CNAC (Canadian National Autoslalom Championship) series. I'm preping my Bug and need to choose the mods that I do...
  13. G

Toronta area GTA GTG for November

It looks like I will be visiting the GTA this weekend from Ottawa. Is it ok to drop in and say hello? I still have my bug out since the snow hasn't started yet, but it will likely be that last time this year. Thanks, -Gord
  14. G

Kudos

I agree, great event, great people, great fun! Really cool too meet the people behind the names on this board. A big thanks to WingNut (Nigel) for checking my car out with his VagCom and installing the new Pierburg MAF (thanks for bringing those Lito!). I knew something wasn't feeling right...
  15. G

TDI fest Show & Shine....sign up now

I will be entering in the show'n'shine if it is not too late to enter (I just registered yesterday). Info is: Gord Acorn Gord 2001 NB TDI, 5sp, yellow on black leather, bone stock (although the mouse ears should count as a mod) Thanks, -Gord