Recent content by golftdi140

1. G

P0401 with cracked dpf and tune. 30000 miles

Hopefully they replace the whole exhaust. It just really sucks to think of performance loss afterwards. Even worse than stock. Tune wasn't an astronomical increase but it did something. I'll just let them do whatever they want. Then aim for delete at a feasible time in the future.
  2. G

The part that drives me to insanity and getting loud is the FACT that I worked at a Toyota dealer for 3 years on flat rate pay. And constantly did warranty waters pumps for less time. Then FINALLY a car comes is out of warranty and needs it. Service writer comes back to me and says do it we are...
  3. G

My current view is this. As long as I have access to a tuner my tools and parts I will and always have done my own. I love the car enough to deal with it. Its what you build not what you buy right? And yea I tend to be a snap case at times. Even if it is free I DONT LIKE OTHER PEOPLE...
  4. G

Again sorry. Thoughts just flow and get typed. Also using phone makes it hard to edit and space out. I appreciate the replies. I guess first wait for Recall information. Then decide if delete is an option. I've been doing inspections for years I just don't know if with the tune and delete it...
  5. G

2011 Gold TDI 6spd man. Bout 30k miles. I have had Malone stage 2 for awhile. Honestly have no way of being sure when I did the tune. (At least for the moment ) but I think since around 15k maybe? But anyways before my 30k sometime I got my first p0401 code. I just cleared to see if it was a...
  6. G

68 Camaro Alh conversion

I don't think anyone is allowed to hate it considering the car was completely in pieces with no motor before. Personally I'm going to be jealous when this thing is done. Awesome build. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  7. G

Stage 2 Malone with Straight Pipe by Diesel Dubs

Stage 2 does not disable regens you specify if you have a dpf still or not. And did I mention I am a nys inspector? I run a shop with my grampa we don't look for codes. The state computer does. And from what I've read with the tune a check engine light will not set but the monitors will be stuck...
  8. G

Diesels used to be exempt in NY until July 1 2012. Now weight code 1 has to plug in only. All the 3/4 ton and up diesel trucks are weight code 2 & 3 are exempt still. Its such bull. The only thing affected is VW diesel cars. 1997 and newer. So all these people who have been running for years...
  9. G

I have obd test in NY every year lol. Not practical to swap pipes 2 times a year. Tunes would have to be changed also so regen and egr function too. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  10. G

I'm not an expert but I have an 11 golf TDI 6spd manual with stock exhaust and a stage 2 tune. Everything is fine stock. With the exhaust delete you need to specify to have regens and egr deleted in the tune. And I think its important to get the additional dsg tune through Malone. Also it...
  11. G

FS: NIB Frostheater - 09 Jetta TDI

I have a frost heater in my 11 golf manual. It is amazing and highly recommended!!! I live in NY Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  12. G

Just left dealer no power no boost and an underboost code.

The quicker warm up times would be good. Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  13. G

Yea I didn't think anything would be different. Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  14. G

Oh I thought you meant you had it done awhile ago. Alright I await your findings. Probably will not be anything noticeable. Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  15. G

How is the new kit? Anything different? Like mileage or power? or only the water issue is gone. Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2