Recent content by GolfSW98

1. G

Coolant Loss Mystery

Check and see if your silica packet is intact, found at bottom of the clear reservoir.
  2. G

How to lock car and leave running

I have this enabled, works like a dream.
  3. G

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Currently considering replacing this tire. Rear Right. I wonder if this type of wear is abnormal, I'm not the best at timely rotating my tires and I do have the 1.5 inch lift with Alltrack springs (rear only). Picture attached is touched up a bit to enhance the details. It seems like some...
  4. IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

5. Tire

Tire

6. G

2015 Golf TDI long crank first start of the day

Since having my new AGM battery in, the long start has occurred once or twice at least. Notably different is the cranking speed of the motor, it cranks faster but there is still some issue once a blue moon, accompanied by the suction noise when I open the fuel cap.
  7. G

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005002969486104.html?spm=a2g0n.order_detail.0.0.6e7af19cRwiD11 72ah size, this is the one I ordered and the quality felt comprable to OEM. Some have said the cloth covers are sometimes thin junk but this one worked great for me. Gotta Insulate the AGM
  8. G

I grabbed an Everstart H6 AGM from Walmart @ $169 and installed it with my fresh Aliexpress cloth cover. Coded her in with OBD11 and thats about it for today. I might be installing a trailer harness soon, which will be a chore.
  9. G

Low Fuel Rail Pressure

correct me if I'm wrong but I once read that once a fault hits 256 times not detected on ignition cycles, it clears from the ecu? That may be incorrect or very outdated but you could clear it with a scan tool. Edit: yeah Im sure you dont have an 8 bit ECU from the early 90s so you're gonna have...
  10. G

Something comes to mind, driving modes! Is that a big rabbithole? My unit has CP off and FeCs taken care of, is there long coding needed on the BCM or does that need to be a highline version?
  11. G

I was debating the glass screen but I settled on the screen the 2016 golfs came with because it mimics the original look closely, and on price. The screen was $65 shipped, and used original trim. I really like the brushed silver trim look. Then again, I have not seen the other colors in person...
  12. G

MIB2 with 6.5 screen installed, wasn't more than 2-3 hours of time. Really enjoying it so far
  13. DC8F5325-EB90-40A9-A4A3-3F21CEDF7969.jpeg

DC8F5325-EB90-40A9-A4A3-3F21CEDF7969.jpeg

Mib2
  14. G

Coolant blown out from expansion bottle

Got really paranoid about that silica packet, took it out. Turkey baster'd the expansion tank and added fresh G13.