Recent content by Golden Dub

1. Golden Dub

Anyone have a vagcom near Agassiz?

Yes I was pretty impressed by all the things you can change. I have not completely checked it out yet but what I have seen so far very impressive. I have only coded the central electronics so far. Turned off my horn when it locks but I left the flashing lights on. Also disabled auto lock, so no...
  2. Golden Dub

Just bought one from RossTech. 670 dollars Canadian total, including shipping and fed ex fees which are probably taxes and duty. Amazing it took 23 hours from when I ordered it until it was at my door. If I have time and you need to see what code you have or look at a sensor I might be able to help.
  3. Golden Dub

Hi I am having problems with my golf and need to make sure I am buying the right sensor. I connected a code reader to it and it showed a P0544 bank 1 sensor 1. Was hoping someone in the area had a vagcom to see if I can get more info from it.
  4. Golden Dub

I am freaking out, my VW is about to die!

I did go through that thread, I will go through it again. I have not checked anything out yet on the car. I thought it might be fuel related since it starts up right away if I am pressing the accelerator. Getting ideas for the moment. I need to go pick up my vagcom to see if there are any codes...
  5. Golden Dub

I am freaking out, my VW is about to die!

Well it has begun. I have 188,000 km with no real problem until now. I recently stopped working to study so the car sat there for a week. I went to start it and it did not want to start. Turned over kind of not that great, then the battery died. So I charged up the battery which was very low...
  6. Golden Dub

Headlight install question

Make sure your wiring is correct. Sounds like wiring problem
  7. Golden Dub

New rims on the dub

Just called VW they say they are ET45. The guy said they are an inch wider that stock. I think 225's will bend in the sidewalls to much. I would like to try a 235 if it exists.
  8. Golden Dub

Are there some people from Alberta on this forum :)

oh man, crazy times. Its been a while, few years at least. Disappeared when I got rid of the Jetta. I was so mad. Now I'm back. Bought a new Golf TDI end of 2012 when the world was going to end to outrun the tsunami! LOL just kidding but I did really buy the Golf. Remember the meet!
  9. Golden Dub

New rims on the dub

offset I cannot remember off hand. Will have to find out.
  10. Golden Dub

New rims on the dub

Yeah I have been thinking about the tint for a while. I have been trying to imagine what a gold tint would look like or a yellow. What do you mean by color matched markers, White or Gold? I was thinking about Gold VW emblems and the other bits of chrome it has. I would like to lower the front...
  11. Golden Dub

CJAA manual

Thanks for the info. I am glad I didn't buy that book. I have been away for a while so I am very rusty on what is going on with these cars. I had no idea about that erWin site. I haven't checked it out to much yet but looks very interesting.
  12. Golden Dub

CJAA manual

I have a 2012 golf TDI with a CJAA. I want to buy a Bently manual for the 09 Jetta. Does anyone know if there is any difference In the CJAA from 2012 to the one in the Bently manual for the 09 Jetta?
  13. Golden Dub

New rims on the dub

Rims are 18 inch. Rubber 245/40 R18. Rubs a tiny bit when I hit a big dip in the road. I actually messed up the rear fender a bit when I hit this huge bump on the highway. Broke all the paint off around the edge of the fender. They installed 2 tires on the wrong way, they are not directional but...
  14. IMG_0307_3_

IMG_0307_3_

15. IMG_0157_7_

IMG_0157_7_