Recent content by Goat Rodeo

1. Goat Rodeo

TDI Mechanic in Upstate South Carolina

Hey thanks I appreciate it
  2. Goat Rodeo

For future viewers I ended up going to vintage auto in Greenville sc. they have a mechanic who works with diesels and we’re able to get me in sooner than protech. Also when I stopped in to protech neither the receptionist or a mechanic who came out could tell me if they had any experience...
  3. Goat Rodeo

Seatbelt swap

Well that is helpful. I really didn’t expect that part to be so vehicle specific but I guess I’ll just have to wait for that color to show up. Thank you!
  4. Goat Rodeo

Seatbelt swap

I think you answered part of it. Grey belts exist for 4dr golfs. I’m open to black or grey. I could swap plastic but the belt itself needs to be something not tan. The issue I’m having is with how minutely specific the angle of the retractor seems to be. There is a bearing inside that seems to...
  5. Goat Rodeo

Seatbelt swap

So I’m working on an interior swap from tan to black/grey and I’ve run into a problem with the seat belts. I had rear belts form a Jetta and from a 2 door golf and apparently neither one sits “just right” in my 4door golf. The lock up no matter what I do. I take them out and I can unlock them...
  6. Goat Rodeo

WTB right front passenger door Golf Mk4

I could be wrong but I think jetta and 4dr golf front doors are the same? LKQ in greenville and greer only have 2dr golf right now but they have a bunch of mk4 jettas. I've exchanged interior door parts panels and seals but not the door itself. if someone could check me on that you may even be...
  7. Goat Rodeo

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Swapped a leather steering wheel I pulled off an '01 passat for my deteriorating foam wheel.
  8. Goat Rodeo

That is helpful thank you! I figured this was job any reputable shop could do but having a capable place that isn’t unfamiliar with tdi seemed ideal. I’ll check them out!
  9. Goat Rodeo

ive got a steering fluid leak. its pretty slow, i just top it off every few weeks to a month and its been find but i'd like to get it repaired and its a bit beyond me to repair at this point.
  10. Goat Rodeo

did you ever find anywhere in SC? I'm in greenville and I've tried calling and messaging ADW several times and i can't get any response. something closer to home would be great
  11. Goat Rodeo

Determine stock radio head unit

i don't have the multifunction steering wheel. though i did notice several wires for the radio that were taped off labeled for the steering. i guess in response to your questions why not aftermarket... because i haven't seen an aftermarket with cassette. lol. i really just want a cassette player...
  12. Goat Rodeo

alright thanks guys. I'll probably just ask the dealer then. sounds like aftermarket would be way easier but I have some cassettes i want to play haha. gotta keep the little car quirky. If they can tell me what it came with I can find one in a junk yard or part out and see if the PO even left...
  13. Goat Rodeo

I tried scouring the plethora of radio threads but I think I’m trying to do the opposite of most. I bought my golf recently and the kid had a broken kenwood head unit in it. I pulled that and I want to restore the stock style unit but I don’t know how to tell 1.)what system it had 2.) if it was...