Recent content by glenn1179

1. G

Synchro eating 02A transmission behind an AHU in a Chrysler Town and Country

The trans in my van is mounted via the to holes in the top of the case. I'm hoping the 02j pendulum mount unbolts so I can reuse the existing mount. I did some rpm calculations and think I'll stay with a TDI ratio transmission. Thanks for the testing idea Windex. It may not be accurate...
  2. G

Thanks. I'll need to take some time to look up ratios and do some math to find rpms. Is there a difference between 2.0 and vr6 02j's that is worth considering besides the great ratios? The van is a little sluggish starting out with the current gearing, but still very capable and since it...
  3. G

I've been getting different units and swapping them in Mongler98. I was considering the 02a shifter because I think I have one complete with cables sitting on the shelf. The 02j shifter might be worth the investment. It seems some love it and some don't feel it was worth the cost. If it is...
  4. G

I spent some time searching on how to adjust the 02a shifter. The most in depth one and all the threads I found only cover the side to side adjustment. http://www.houseofthud.com/shifting_gti.htm The adjustment process is different for 02j shifters. I'll take another look at the shifter to be...
  5. G

@garciapiano https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/tdi-town-country.210943/tells how it was built and has photos. If your ever in Wisconsin, you can come get the tour. :) What is an acceptable trans case temperature? Most manual trans don't have coolers. I'd need a pump, filter, cooler...
  6. G

I bought this conversion from Travis a few years back. I'm posting in this section in hopes that it'll get an audience of technical gurus of this engine and transmission. :) The van chews the synchros out of transmissions very quickly. I'm on my 3rd transmission with problems in about 30,000...
  7. G

Head Gasket Block Prep

The photos show for me now. Looks much better then when I did my head gasket. Mine is still together about 50,000 miles and counting. Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
  8. G

Head Gasket Block Prep

The photos don't display for me even when I click them. Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
  9. G

Is 1H0612151C the right brake proportioning valve for 96 Passat tdi?

I ordered 357612151. I didn't want to intentionally use a different one. It is just that some sites showed both in the search results and said the other was for disc brakes. I understand now that they meant the mk3 with the drum vs disc brakes. :) I couldn't find 357612151 stateside from...
  10. G

Updated! TONS of people looking for B4 parts, Revkev is parting one out!

I'm late to the party but if the strip fuse holder on the firewall or the brake proportioning valve are in good shape, I'm interested. Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
  11. G

Well, that's one vote for each of my options. :) Are there differences in the line pressure outputs, or just differences in mounting? Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
  12. G

1H0612151C is what I think it should be, but most part catalogs day it won't fit. The car has disc brakes. Here are examples of parts catalogs saying it is wrong...
  13. G

Lifting a B4 Sedan???

For something less extreme option that is cheaper... I raised mine and a friends B4's by putting a piece of metal tube as a spacer in the front strut above the top spring perch. This added height directly and added preload to the spring. I used a piece of square tube with slots cut in it at...
  14. G

Need confirmation on which front wheel bearing is shot

I've found a couple of Abacus's posts where he made them out of end caps. If I can find end caps large enough, I may try that as it will give me an excuse to use the welder, which is a new toy for me.
  15. G

Need confirmation on which front wheel bearing is shot

NICE! Please tell me you need to do the rear beam bushings and will be making a tool for that and will offer it for rent too. :)