Recent content by Gilty_one

1. Gilty_one

Circle Dash Light

brake wear indicator
  2. Gilty_one

Key Fob Lock

Curious if you know the coding for a Touareg - if fob can be enabled while engine running, My 2012 Jetta TDI is coded that way without issue (Carista app does it) - just can't find it for Touareg (2016)
  3. Gilty_one

Winter fronts

Can you post a pic?
  4. Gilty_one

Got a CEL on a 2000 mile road trip

For this reason picked up a Carista and/or OBDEleven for reading VW codes....
  5. Gilty_one

Will bad EGT temp sensor prevent proper regen?

Just wanting to confirm my suspicions that the bad EGT 4 sensor won't allow the jetta (2012 CJAA engine) to perform a proper DPF regen.... Sensor measures high resistance (or so I'm told)...
  6. Gilty_one

EGT4 (G648) prevents ECU from performing regen

Just wanting to confirm my suspicions that the bad EGT 4 sensor won't allow the jetta (2012 CJAA engine) to perform a proper DPF regen.... Sensor measures high resistance (or so I'm told)...
  7. Gilty_one

MK6 Jetta Mileage/Boasting Thread

2012: (23 cars) 208,035 (334,800) mi (kms) 10/18/21 Gilty_one v.: dsg hl owner: 1 tb: 3 dpf: 1 hpfp: 1 ef: 2 fb: 2 rb: 2 note: no mods other than emissions update - dual mass flywheel replaced, replaced vacuum pump, EGT sensor replaced - 3rd set of summer tires, 3rd set of winters, new intake...
  8. Gilty_one

Purchasing a used TDI Touareg

I pretty sure the 2012-2016 don't have DSG and no dual mass flywheel. My 2016 has a 8 speed AISIN transmission and that pulls wonderfully.
  9. Gilty_one

Front wheel bearing dust cap NLA? MK4 Jetta

not talking about centre caps for your wheels are you?
  10. Gilty_one

Noise at idle

a new transmission won't solve that problem - unless you're replacing the dual mass flywheel too.
  11. Gilty_one

2013 Touareg Battery Dead, Can’t Unlock, Plastic Manual Keys Don’t Work

Trick. Try to open the rear hatch. For some reason, the designers allow the rear hatch lock to work (motorized door won't work).... then you can crawl through the vehicle to open the doors from the inside. Then you can open the driver's door to pop the hood and get a charger on the battery...
  12. Gilty_one

It's just a horn? Right. Just a horn. 2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen S. Why can't I fix a simple thing on this car?

Try engine bay fuse box, Fuse 15. https://www.autogenius.info/volkswagen-golf-mk7-2012-2018-fuse-box-diagram/
  13. Gilty_one

Touareg TDI - post emissions fix, notice something

That looks weird to me... Hard to say if they did something or you just never noticed this before?
  14. Gilty_one

Gas door and trunk not opening.

Check the condition of the wire harness where it enters into the trunk... the wires tends to get stretched where the cable loom moves with the trunk opening and closing.