Recent content by Gigitt

1. G

VW Golf 1.9TDI Starts Normally but won't idle

you timing might be out. My timing belt tensioner bearing failed once and threw out my timing. cost was to repair same as a timing belt job less a tb belt if the current one is still fresh.
  2. G

Coolant hose help

I bought s hose clamp kit just to do that 3way coolant hose. Took me about 1 hour to do: - remove temp sensor and suck out coolant - remove top coolant flange and suck out more coolant from top radiator hose and down the 3way hose to the water pump - remove the hose clamps from 3way hose on heat...
  3. G

Hauling my dirtbike with the Golf

They normally sell two sizes of rack. One for pickups/ 4wd and another for street cars/ hatch sedans. Looks like you got one for a high hitch like on a pick up/ 4wd. Ones made for hatch/ sedans have the rack raised as the hitch is usually much lower to the ground and you can see the issue in...
  4. G

Those who have wrapped headliner

Use proper headliner spray glue. 3M is good. It gets pretty hot up in the roof enough to soften fabric glue and for it to start to pull away. Go slow do a 4-5in strip at a time then wait for it to set before going on. Take your time around the concave areas like handles and visor areas. You...
  5. G

glow plug wiring harness

I asked dealer for price of glow plug harness and they responded that it is called a 'bridge' in the parts system. Part numbers matched for what we call glow plug harness. Genuine harness is the best to get even if it is not from a dealer. But $32 sounds like wrong part. They are $65 to $75.
  6. G

Engine hard to start after water meth install

Might need a bit more info on car, engine and any other mods. Have you VCDS scanned for fault codes?
  7. G

Car won't start

Fix the switch then, stop the bad habit... stop carrying 100 keys on you car keyring. with all that weight dangling it wears out the switch and your key lock.
  8. G

What trunk boxes do you guys have?

i know milk crates are cheaper :P but you can get/buy/borrow from noisy neighbours kids - toy creates - which are the same size as milk creates but without all the holes. Basically a plastic square box. downunder they also come in smallers sizes - the smaller ones are good for nick nacks or...
  9. G

Soot cleaning?

Wash then clay bar then put a good sealant/wax on to help stop the soot sticking
  10. G

old diesel in can

Best way to dispose of it is to give it to a farmer. He'll know how to use it !!!! I use it in the old tractor, and some herbicides use diesel :)
  11. G

Loud engine, fed up.

That definitely sounds like cabin resonance and not clutch which you would also hear outside. Does the pitch change when you hold the RPM's higher? I'm wondering if it the brown sticky sound deadening VW use on the firewall behind the dash. This stuff hardens over time and can crack. If it was...
  12. G

old diesel in can

Lol - crude oil has sat in the ground for millions of years, diesel is refined from crude. So not true Diesel can keep for a long time if kept sealed. How long i dont know. Diesel does not go stale in a month or 2 like regular gasoline. Diesel will absorb water from moisture in the air and...
  13. G

How much can I lift my jetta?

Think of a monster truck. You can lift the body as high as the clouds so you can fit the largest donuts you can find to roll on. But the actual ground clearance is the lowest part of the drivetrain or chassis to the ground in a monster truck it would the diffs of the front and rear axles which...
  14. G

2micron PureFlow Kit Installed: First Impressions

FYI... Plastic Fuel tanks do not act as a passive heat sink.
  15. G

2micron PureFlow Kit Installed: First Impressions

Take a look here at this Thread: http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/500067/3443887.aspx There is a Picture of one in a Mk5 TDI. I have heard that TDI fuel coolers have been installed since Mk4 PD TDI's on some models, and I think that it is also the case with Mk5 and Mk6. The lower spec engines...